Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 08:50 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

GL variables

amckay

Forum User
I'm not sure what else to call them, but for lack of a better term I'll call them "variables". I seem them only really in the templates - like "" and so on. I'm not clear on where these get defined. And more importantly, how can I define my own, and where can I use them? e.g. is there any way to define them and use them within Static Pages? thanks, -Alan

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
No, you can't just make up template variables. We hope to come up with some documentation soon that outlines the variables allowed on each page. Can you add your own? Sure, if you know how the template class works. You'd have to add a new variable to the template in question and then part it out with the setvar() method (see any of the admin pages for examples).
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

amckay

Forum User
What about the the "label" field in static pages? Can that be used for anything other than being put into the header bar? It would be cool if you could refer to static pages by their label with square brackets, much like you can refer to an image in a story [image1] etc. Or alternately what would be useful is being able to give your own name to a static page (where obviously you would have to be the one ensuring it's uniquness) cheers, -Alan

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:50 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content