Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 11:20 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

1.3.5 install problems

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello everyone, I'm new to geeklog and would like to use it. I think it is a neat tool and the development team seems kewl. When I install geeklog everything goes okay until I get to the web based install script. I go ahead and complete the first step of entering in the path to geek log. I get to the second step and press next for the database settings. For some reason the success.php page comes up blank with no error or anything. Any of you guys have an idea?? I reall would like to use and contribute to the geeklog tool. thanks, woody

jlhughes

Forum User
OK, I'm trying to install geeklog and I'm reading the install guide. I've got config.php modified and I've told lib-common where the file is. I'm ready to create the mySQL tables. I have phpMyAdmin already installed. INSTALL.HTML says there are files named table.sql and data.sql. No such files exist in the package I downloaded. This is a new installation not an upgrade. Where's the *.sql files for creating a new set of tables?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

You don't need those files (I guess the instructions need to be updated ...).

After you have modified your config.php and lib-common.php (and set the access rights to the logs and backend folders) all you do is call the installation script. It will create the tables for you. You need to create a database before that, though.

Best thing to do is to follow the instructions in the file named INSTALL and ignore the INSTALL.HTML (which is in the docs folder). With this you should be able to get Geeklog up and running.

bye, Dirk

jlhughes

Forum User
I'm not having much luck. I can't get past the first step. I entered the path to the geeklog (directory called blog). I get this fatal error message. Fatal error: Failed opening required '/usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/rcubarcelona.org/httpdocs/blog/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/plesk/php/lib/php') in /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/rcubarcelona.org/httpdocs/blog/public_html/admin/install/install.php on line 290

jlhughes

Forum User
The path information in the previous message is no longer valid. I don't want people playing with the installation. I still need help with this and would appreciate some explanation of what went wrong. I think part of my problem was that in the config.php it asks for /PATH/ and I put the path to the root of geeklog instead of the path to config.php. But even when I fixed that I still had a fatal failure to include files. If you need details on my setup in order to help, please e-mail me at john@rcubarcelona.org. I would really like to get this working.

AbsoluteBeginner

Anonymous
I had the same problem with the .sql files. Where is the file INSTALL?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

I can't believe the installation instructions would be so hard to find?!

The file named INSTALL is right there in your geeklog-1.3.6 directory - next to a file named readme and a folder named docs. Aren't those obvious places to start looking for the documentation?

bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Oh, and after re-reading some of the above comments (including some of my own): The installation instructions have been vastly improved since 1.3.5. If you've just downloaded Geeklog 1.3.6 (or - at a future date - even a newer version) then please note that the installation instructions are back in the docs directory. Start reading with docs/index.html and docs/install.html - it's all explained there ... bye, Dirk

AbsoluteBeginner

Anonymous
In install.html it says : Open your browser and navigate to http://yourgeeklogsite/admin/install/install.php and follow the directions! This comes up with a load of PHP and comments. What actually do I have to do?

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:20 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content