Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 03:09 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Need help with permissions

os

Forum User
Junior
I am new to geeklog, but so-far, it look very good Smile The permission system is nice, and on of the tings that makes geeklog a little bit different, but its also confusing. Are there any good docs to help me ? I know how permissions, groups and etc. works, I’m running unix. I have an article that belongs to the group “All users”, Owner and group have read and write permission. The topic has the exact same permissions. When I log in as a normal user, I cant edit the article ?! Why ? Thanks ..

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
You can't edit a story unless you are a story administrator. A normal user won't be a story admin and, thus, can't edit stories. Doesn't matter if you assign the Normal Users group to the story. If they aren't a story admin, they can't admin stories. ----- The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

os

Forum User
Junior
ok, is there anny place I can read more about how the permission system works in geeklog ? thanks -- øs.aka.ww Norway www.odots.org os.evilspurv.net o.s@pakistanmail.com icq: 21409076

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:09 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content