Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 06:28 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

no table_prefix ?

richard9

Anonymous
Installing GeekLog for the 1st time, v.1.3.4 and set our $_DB_table_prefix to 'gl_' as suggested. Actually performed full clean install twice (deleting all tables). Still the table names ignored $_DB_table_prefix ? Any ideas? Thanks. GeekLog is the ginchiest! Richard

kerrygarvey

Anonymous
hello - well after two days of browsing amazing geeklog sites - I am convinced, innitially at least, that this blog will serve my purposes. However, before I make the plunge to upgrade my hosting account to include mysql (at .00 cdn per month )Im asking for a few quick assurances: My site is a 'portal for artists and musicians in my geographic region' and I want to be able to provide upload of images, and mp3's eventually - it seems with "gallery" the images can be managed what about the mp3's? Can the main calendar or a list of events be extracted from the geeklog package and be shown on other sites? - in the way a javascript call can insert news headlines from my site to other sites? My server has: The current version of PHP on HyperMart is PHP 4. You may use either (.php or .php3) extension and MySql, perl 4 and 5 I presume these are all the needed requirements. My hope is to utilize the main calendar as an allaround event hub for the area and hope that a user could search the site find an event, click on details of the event then click on an "invitation button" to invite freinds to join them at that event. The invite would be stored so invitees could rsvp and organize there trip to the event. - At first glance it seems geeklog can handle this task, what do the geekgurus think? sorry for being long winded. ps is there such a thing as a freehosting site with php and mysql anymore? ----- In Search of Inteligent Light Art, Music, and events in Georgian Bay Ontario

Anonymous

Anonymous
this question was resolved on the mail list - sorry for the wron posting area.

Anonymous

Anonymous
there is such thing as free hosting with php and mysql here - host.sk - the only downside is that it's in slovakian...

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:28 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content