Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 09:24 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Empty DB Backups

squatty

Forum User
I've been playing around with the DB Backup feature of 1.3.4 (very nice BTW) and have noticed that each backup I run results in an empty geeklog_db_backup file? I don't receive any error messages. Any ideas as to why the file is empty?
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Look in system/lib-database.php and verify the path to your mysqldump binary is correct. If it is correct, post your OS and MySQL version here. ----- The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

squatty

Forum User
I looked at system/lib-database.php and there was no reference to a mysqldump path? I then opened admin/database.php and noticed the reference to $_DB_mysqldump_path. Putting two and two together, I decided to set the following in admin/database.php: $_DB_mysqldump_path = '/usr/bin/mysqldump';

The database backup works fine now. As for my OS and MySQL versions, I'm running RedHat 7.2 and MySQL 3.23.48.

Thanks,
Danny

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Please report this as a bug! ----- The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

squatty

Forum User
Reguest ID: 529673

Anonymous

Anonymous

Or you can add this to the top of all the admin files.

include_once('/path/to/geeklog/config.php');

I've installed above the public web-tree so don't know if its an issue with a 'normal' install. Think some of the 'out of the box' files had this already, maybe not. Has worked fine for me.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:24 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content