Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:41 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Calendar event mgmt problem

efarmboy

Forum User
Using Ver 1.3.4 As admin, going to event admin to manage a new event that was created by another user or adding a new event with event manager as admin, when saving, getting the following error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1. I seem to be able to edit and save existing approved events - although event type is always blank. Any one else have this? Blaine

Anonymous

Anonymous
With the 1.3.4 release there seems to be all sorts of problems! I'm guessing your problem is like the bug with adding new users... it's not adding anything to the database. I was getting the same error when I added a user and then tried to login with that user. (There is a fix for the user problem BTW in CVS). I've also noticed that if you activate a submission it doesn't appear under the assigned topic.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
What do you mean "activate a submission"? You mean approve a submission? There was a bug where approved articles would default to showing up in the topic only and not on the front page. I added an alter table to the stories table to default this properly in 1.3.4. Correct, the admin/user.php problem is an embarrassing bug. Users can still create accounts and you can edit accounts but you just can't add users via the admin. The code on thi s page was changed to remove a REPLATE INTO call (which is the work of the devil) which would reset all the user's preference settings. ----- The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

efarmboy

Forum User
Thanks Tony for answering my other help question - on the Admin Add User problem I was experiencing. Do you want me to enter it as a bug on SourceForge?

Have you seen the Calendar problem described in this posting?

Thanks,
Blaine

Anonymous

Anonymous
Re : the users problems, just get the new users.php from CVS and replace the existing one. Re : Calendar Admin : I'm having the exact same problem. Haven't yet checked CVS to see if there is an update with bugfix.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content