I have recently upgraded my GL_1.8.1 site to 2.1.2 and that has certainly been an educational experience
I have been fairly successful in restoring my site to the new platform and as I begin to get this upgrade behind me I can tell I am going to really enjoy being up-to-date in my Geeklog environment. Thanks to all who work so hard to make Geeklog a fun place to be
That being said...
The previous iteration of BlogDogIt.com
was using the tag plugin
and I cannot bear the thought of having to do without it.
So I tried installing - as for any plugin - via admin/plugins and needless to say that did not work. :/
After cleaning up the mess from that attempt I performed a manual install which included importing the db tables from the old site. With much effort I began to discover the reasons for the plugin's incompatibility but forged ahead in "groups", "access", "features" and whatever else to get this plugin functioning on the site. I have enabled the "tag_cloud" block and styled and configured to my satisfaction. The tags listed in the stories work as expected (although on the old site I had tags configured to be hidden - that's another problem I will deal with shortly)
I have access to the tag admin page (finally) so I am very (very) close to fully integrating this plugin with the following exception:
Whenever I attempt to edit or create a story I am prevented from doing so with error...
[code]E_WARNING(2) - Illegal string offset 'tag' @ /path/to/BlogDogIt/plugins/tag/functions.inc line 614
# Function File Line
1 plugin_autotags_tag /path/to/BlogDogIt/system/lib-plugins.php 1554
2 PLG_collectTags /path/to/BlogDogIt/public_html/lib-common.php 4620
3 COM_allowedAutotags /path/to/BlogDogIt/public_html/admin/story.php 728
4 storyeditor /path/to/BlogDogIt/public_html/admin/story.php 927
If i disable the tag plugin I can edit and create stories then re-enable the plugin for functionality when finished but obviously that is not ideal.
I am hoping someone with greater familiarity with how autotags interact with story.php might readily suggest areas I might look to in attempting to debug this feature. I have spent too much time trying to figure this out on my own and must now throw myself on the mercy of the experts - Please & Thank you!