This may not address your issue.
I could not get GRemote to work at all, security aside.
So I followed this Forum Post
and it now works with the GALLERY user/password, which is fine with me.
The link above is buggy for me in IE, so here it is.
If it does not work above, just copy and paste into your browser.
If someone has a definitive, working solution to get Gallery Remote to work with GL security, please let me know!
HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE LINK:
1. geeklog install replaces init.php and util.php
2. get the original versions and rename them init2.php and util2.php
3. in gallery_remote2.php, replace the ref to init.php with init2.php -
PHP Formatted Coderequire($GALLERY_BASEDIR .
4. in init2.php, replace the ref to util.php with util2.php
5. in init2.php, add the following
PHP Formatted Code$GALLERY_EMBEDDED_INSIDE =
after the include config.php
6. This makes remote think that it is not embedded. Therefore the user and password must exist within gallery when not embedded.
This works well for me. Now to get publishXP working when embedded...