Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:50 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

evList is available now!

Page navigation

Anonymous
cool, well, at least I have a starting point!
I'll upgrade MySQL, (ugh)
and upgrade to evlist 1.3 then I'll get back to ya with success, or awww, rats.

I like the evlist, I'm anxious to try and get the list to be viewable in the calendar as well.

OK, thanks!!
45inx.com

machinari

Forum User
did I say evList 1.3? what the heck am I talking about. :shock:
The middle of the afternoon and It's still too early. The latest version is still 1.1. So don't be disappointed when you can't find 1.3. Just upgrade your mysql and we'll go from there.

Anonymous
magical
Ha!

yep I figured that out, but I was a wonderin there for a minute or three.

Quote by: machinari

did I say evList 1.3? what the heck am I talking about. :shock:
The middle of the afternoon and It's still too early. The latest version is still 1.1. So don't be disappointed when you can't find 1.3. Just upgrade your mysql and we'll go from there.

The upgrade to MySQL 4.1.x worked!

Thanks! I do like bein able to have events with reminders!

:banghead:

muntada

Forum User
Junior
How is the import.php script intended to be run? Through the command line or is their a web interface? I am unable to find a menu item to run this script.
--------------------
MuntadaNet, Inc.
Web Hosting

machinari

Forum User
You can find the function in the calendar_import.php file. Simply include the file and call the function from any page. Only run it once or you'll double up your entries. After you've run it, remove the call from whatever page you put it in.

I never bothered to include it into any menu for that reason.

muntada

Forum User
Junior
Thanks. I think there is an issue in the insert or in the table as when I try to run the script, here is what I am getting in the error.log:

Wed 31 Oct 2007 07:14:24 AM EDT - 1062: Duplicate entry '' for key 1. SQL in question: INSERT INTO gl_evlist_events SET
title = 'District Roundtable', full_description = 'Goose Creek District Cub Scout and Boy Scout roundtables and the OA Chapter meeting are held concurrently at 7:30 PM on the second Wednesday of each month (except in July when no meeting is held) at Leesburg United Methodist Church at 107 W Market St.. All Scout leaders are encouraged to attend the roundtable.',
date_start1 = '2007-10-10', date_end1 = '2007-10-10',
url = '', street = '107 W Market St.', city = 'Leesburg',
province = 'VA', postal = '', allday = '0',
location = '19:30:00', time_start1 = '19:30:00',
time_end1 = '20:45:00', group_id = '7', status = '1',
postmode = '1', owner_id = '2',
perm_owner = '3', perm_group = '3',
perm_members = '2', perm_anon = '2'

When I look at the table, the id field has no value.

-Rashid
--------------------
MuntadaNet, Inc.
Web Hosting

machinari

Forum User
find this bit in the calendar import function:
Text Formatted Code
            DB_query("INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['evlist_events']} SET
                title = '{$A['title']}', full_description = '{$A['description']}',

and change it to this:
Text Formatted Code
            $event_id = COM_makesid();
            DB_query("INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['evlist_events']} SET
                id = '$event_id',
                title = '{$A['title']}', full_description = '{$A['description']}',

Now you'll have an id. The problem was that I had changed how the evlist table functions since I wrote that script and never bothered to update it.

muntada

Forum User
Junior
Thanks. Now let me say this, thank you very much!

Your plugin is what people have been looking for in functionality with the calendar plugin for a long time. It would be wonderful if the evlist and calendar plugin were one in the same and the only difference was a preference on how to display the events (either calendar or list mode). Perhaps someone who is working the calendar plugin development will take note. I asked a question about that but didn't see any response. It might be possible that through a commission from a client that I will have the funds to pursue such development through a member of my team. If that comes to bear, I most definitely would like to collaborate with you.

One more question for you if I may, please take a look at http://www.adamsscouting.org/evlist/index.php?op=list and see the way the format came out. As a combination of the theme I am using and the way you are formatting the output, you see that there is a bullet that that is showing up that is conflicting with the text.

I took a look at the template files and believe I could make a modification there. However, I wanted to ask you if real briefly, what would be the best way in your opinion to make a modification that would be most in line with your style so that I can make it as smooth of an integration as possible.

Again, thanks a bunch!
--------------------
MuntadaNet, Inc.
Web Hosting

machinari

Forum User
If it was me, I would simply define a new class for that heading using an attribute selector, like "h1.event_heading", then it should take precedence over your "#main h1" that you have already defined for the outer div. I think. (don't forget to add the class to the template file)

Even better, I might add a class to the div itself, in which case you would then use a descendant selector or a child selector to define your style for the heading. I think that would be the more flexible way to go. So, for example, in list_item.thtml:
Text Formatted Code

<div class="eventlistitem">
    <h1>{title}</h1>
    <p>{summary}</p>
    <p class="pluginSmallText">{date_summary}<br />{more_link} | {contact_link}<br />    <span style="text-align:right;">{edit_links}</span></p>
</div>
<!--<div style="text-align:center;"><hr style="width:80%;"></div>-->

machinari

Forum User
Quote by: muntada

It would be wonderful if the evlist and calendar plugin were one in the same and the only difference was a preference on how to display the events (either calendar or list mode).

Well, integrating one into the other simply isn't going to happen. It's just easier to add a list to the calendar or a calendar to the list. The only way I would even consider adding a calendar to evList as an option (a simple addition) would be if Joe doesn't actually finish his calendar upgrade, which I think is improbable. So your other option is to bug Joe to add a list to the calendar, which is an even easier addition than the other way around.

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:50 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content