Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 11:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Group Permission

OMAL

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi.
How can I restrict who can view&edit each article so that only a certain group of people can read the articles?
(I did some test on my site and your demo site but failed...so please instruct me.)

On your demo site, all newly posted article end up with "read only". Even the owner (creator?) is not allowed to edit. Do you know how to solve that?

And one more question, I want to debug group function on my site. I want to see the code which create the dropdown list of allowed groups for the user when you create/edit a post.
Which code is for that?

Thanks.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
If you want only certain group to view an article you will need to create a the group and then assign all the users you want to it, to have read access to the articles. When you create the article make sure the owner has read/edit access, group have read access (select the one you created first), and then member and anonymous have no read access.

Remember the topic the article is assigned to can also affect who can edit or read the article. (ie if they do not have read access to the topic they will not be able to read the article even if they have read access to it)

For the article group drop down, the function SEC_getGroupDropdown is called which can be found in lib-security.php. Access 3 is passed to it (which is edit access). It is called from public_html/admin/article.php around line 427 (or so as I am looking at the latest code at the moment).

One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

OMAL

Forum User
Regular Poster
I'll try it later, thanks Laugh.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content