Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 09:55 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

bulk deletions of 250 articles..how?

NS

Anonymous
i took the DB back up. now i want to delete the articles which are no more useful. But i have nearly 250 articles... how to delete them as a bulk... i dodn't to go to Edit mode each article to delete....

any help please...

thanks,
NS
geeklog just rocks.....

tokyoahead

Anonymous
Quote by NS:how to delete them as a bulk... i dodn't to go to Edit mode each article to delete....

if you have images or comments on your articles you will have to do that unless... unless you have some basic php & html skills.

if you havem create a static page that lists all stories with a checkbox in front and poast the result of the form to the function that deletes articles in geeklog. You could take basic hints from my static page that changes the owner of stories (download section somewhere)

on the other hand, you could try the following: Move them all to a new created topic and delete that topic then with all its stories. You could move them with a tool such as phpmyadmin, but if you do not want to touch each story separetly you need some sql skills to change the topic of those to delete by a certain rule, such as date or so.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:55 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content