Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:13 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

User Management w/Gallery etc.

Mel

Anonymous
I have a website with Gallery Installed.v1.4.4-pl4 (installed at www.mysite.com/gallery/)

I've just installed GL into the root of the website (www.mysite.com)

I went back and re-configured Gallery to work embedded in GL - no problem.

My site is just for family members - anonymous browsers dont get nothin... gotta login.... except that if you go directly to www.mysite.com/gallery - there's all my photo albums hanging out there.

How do I integrate Gallery (and other pages/programs/etc.) into GL so GL manages the visibility?

The site isnt going to be a blog or news site - I'm not using the topics. It's going to be a website that our (extended) family can go and look at (and upload) family photos, post on the message board, look at geneology info, etc.

I'm just using the CMS to manage the Users. Right now I have a clunky .htpasswd set up that forces a userID / password, but I'd rather have a little more elegant solution, and I think GL will work well for us.

...but I need a way for GL to integrate into all the pages/programs I use (Gallery, a geneology php proggie, several static pages/folders/sub-sites, etc.)

Suggestions?

Mel

Blaine

Forum User
If gallery does not have a setting to disable anonymous viewing then you will need to add code at the top of each public accessible program to check the user permissions.

Check that gallery does not allready have the permission logic. If the user logs into GL then they should be authenticated with Gallery and have the user and album permissions assigned by gallery for the member.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Mel

Anonymous
Quote by Blaine: you will need to add code at the top of each public accessible program to check the user permissions.

This did the trick.

Downloaded External Pages from GPlugs - works great.

Gallery is hidden from everyone but logged in users now.

Thanks.

Mel

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:13 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content