Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 08:44 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Noob needs help

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hi, I am extremely new to geeklog. I just would like to know if there is a basic tutorial that goes over editing geeklog, updating, and just getting it to run the way you want. I have looked through the faq, documentation, and help, but havent been able to find anything. Am I just dumb and missed something or is there another resource somewhere? Thanks a lot. Chris

Anonymous

Anonymous
There's nothing that I know of, but I'm sure if you take a look at config.php and the themes under public_html/layout all in a text editor, you should have some idea of how to arrange things and change it. take a look at several different themes to see how they have there things set up, that is what helped me the most. good luck! :-) btw, my first post here, GEEKLOG IS GREAT!! :-D

Anonymous

Anonymous
http://www.geeklog.net/docs/install.html
With this you cannot fail, double-check paths and permissions, especially the difference between the 'world viewable' documents and the system/backend caused me some trouble. (The document above is included in the archive as well).
If you got it running and want to change the looks, go to the folder 'layout' in 'public_html'. If you know some html, hack around in 'index.php' and load the page to see the reflecting changes.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:44 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content