Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 09:40 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

chmod issue

mompop

Anonymous
the install was a piece of cake. then i tried to update the Admin's account information and i received the following message: ---start--- Specified upload directory, /home/sites/www.murdertheturtle.com/web/images/userphotos exists but is not writable File Upload Errors: ----end--- the folder is chmoded correctly. i've tried both 775 & 777 but nothing seems to work. i also get the same error message when trying to post a story - except it's the images/articles folder. the chmods are correct - i've been over that a million times.here is what happens when i run the check.php: ---start--- Testing your Geeklog installation ... Testing logs directory /home/sites/www.murdertheturtle.com/geeklog/logs/ ... logs directory and the error.log and access.log files are okay. Testing backend directory /home/sites/www.murdertheturtle.com/web//backend/ ... backend directory and the geeklog.rdf file are okay. Testing userphotos directory /home/sites/www.murdertheturtle.com/web/images/userphotos/ ... Could not write to /home/sites/www.murdertheturtle.com/web/images/userphotos/. Please make sure this directory exists and is set to chmod 775. Current permissions for userphotos: 755 Testing articles directory /home/sites/www.murdertheturtle.com/web/images/articles/ ... Could not write to /home/sites/www.murdertheturtle.com/web/images/articles/. Please make sure this directory exists and is set to chmod 775. Current permissions for articles: 755 Results: 4 of 4 tests performed: 2 successful, 2 failed. ---end---- it's interesting that two of them are chmoded correctly. they should all be fine as i used the same process and program for setting all the permissions. in case you're wondering the paths are both 100% correct. any help on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks, ryan

rawdata

Forum User
The check.php file results you posted here shows your permission on those two directories are set at 755 not 775 or 777. Try CHMOD'ing them again.

mompop

Anonymous
i've tried re-chmoded them several times with a few different FTP programs. in the FTP programs it says they are chmoded to 777 - but on check.php it still says 755. very frustrating... if anyone has any ideas please let me know. thanks again, ryan

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content