Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 01:07 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

SQL Stuck from the start

Tyrant

Anonymous
I'm doing a fresh install of GeekLog 1.3.5 rc1 on Apache 1.3.22 Red Hat 7.1, MySQL 3.23.45 using MyPHPAdmin When loading the SQL information I get this returned SQL-query : <?php $_SQL[1] = " CREATE TABLE ( acc_ft_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', acc_grp_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (acc_ft_id,acc_grp_id) ) TYPE=MyISAM " MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '<?php $_SQL[1] = " CREATE TABLE ( acc_ft_id mediumin' at line 1

Matty

Forum User
Junior
Phpmyadmin can't interpret the php. To do that, you'll need to open the file in a text editor and remove all the php, leaving only the mysql commands.
Matty

Tyrant

Anonymous
Okay.. downloaded an older version... Had 3 different SQLs, and those worked... apparently rc1 doesn't have the needed SQL files.. Will try to upgrade if this install goes well..

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

You don't need the SQL files. Use the install script. It has an option to upgrade your database from every older version of Geeklog to the current.

However, don't upgrade to rc1, wait for the final 1.3.5. But you can upgrade to 1.3.4 that way.

bye, Dirk

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Please use install.php to run mysql_tableanddata.php script. Follow the install instructions to a 'T' and you should be OK.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

MLimburg

Forum User
Chatty
I hate instll scripts, almost as a rule, but Tony is right. So far on all the machines I test and install on (ranging from Win to Linux to BSD), it works like a charm.
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
I have had a change of heart on install scripts. First I wanted them bad, then we did it with Geeklog, then it was tough to support. Now I think all DB stuff can be configured via script just fine and is more bullet-proof than depending on users to apply all the patches. Server config, though, sux in a script and most the feedback we've gotten has been positive on making this distinction.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:07 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content