Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 12:08 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

on stability

richard9

Anonymous
First off - mega congratz to the GeekLog gang for unleashing this thing. You guys are totally the ginchiest !
For the benefit of us GeekLog novices, can you give us a sense of what a stable 1.3.5 in fact means? Does this mean that there won't be a 1.3.5.00b out next week? Or could it mean that if tweaks need to be twoke then we can enter those ourselves without need of reinstalling the whole works? I'm sure I speak for others as well, thanks.
Richard http://www.MarylandArts.net

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
When we release a stable (i.e. production grade) release, that means that you can, in good spirit, upgrade your version of Geeklog knowing full well that that version is ready for use on production sites and will be supported. Does that mean we won't release a 1.3.6 beta next week? No, we very well could. Remember the open source mantra of 'release early, release often'. To be perfectly clear, we do not encourage nor support betas or release candidates and they are not to be used on production sites. Those are release merely to get new code into the hands of the impatient and to get help with testing so we can get that code stable. Hope that clears things up for you.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks Tony - I owe you a pint. Richard

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Lemme know when you want my address...I can always use a nice, cold beer!
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:08 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content