Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 12:18 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Maybe I am just stupid...

Anonymous

Anonymous
or maybe I just don't see it... In the sections block I am trying to change "GeekLog" to something else maybe "MyLog".... also where do I add things in the sctions block? Is it possible to just add a link to the section block?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

What you see in the Section Block is just the list of topics. So edit the topics to fit your needs. Per default, there will be two topics "GeekLog" and "General News" but you can edit or delete them as you see fit.

bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
ok, but where do I edit this?

Anonymous

Anonymous
Ok I got how to change the Geeklog, but how do I add a link to an external source in the section block?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

You can't. The section block is just a block with links to the topics on your Geeklog site.

You could however create another block with your links in it. Just create a "Normal block" and add whatever you want in there (in plain HTML).

bye, Dirk

os

Forum User
Junior
vel ... u _can_ if you want to, but its not verry smart .. In lib-common.php, after "// Give a link to the home.." just before the else statement, u can add html like this: ". 'html-code here'" Ok, not smart, and its probably a better way to do it.. but it works. ----- øs.aka.ww Norway www.odots.org os.evilspurv.net o.s@pakistanmail.com icq: 21409076

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content