Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 03:32 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Access Denied for user.in mysql.class.php on line 75

Anonymous

Anonymous
made a small break through with a phpmyadmin install on a shared virtual server, I uploded the geeklog table and data sql files after manually setting paths and passwords etc. using the file upload form on phpmyadmin to the mysql db. All tables and data populated fine - but when i ran the admin/install/install.php i came up with the same error as always - Warning: Access denied for user:'myusername@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /usr/mypath/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 75 Cannnot connect to DB server. Is this an error generated from geeklog, mysql or php? I did the same type of install on another phpcommunity prog and came up with access denied errors as well - however, html was sent to the browser. mysql docs talk about permissions but the admin tech support checked and said things were ok as they should be. ill find this needle

Anonymous

Anonymous
my geeklog installation is on a sphera virtual domain server and I have to use root for username when doing MySQL.

Anonymous

Anonymous
seems like that is the hay stack where my problem resides, on my shared virtual server if I run the mysql query show databases i get a list of dbs set up on the machine. - so they have configrued permissions somehow to prevent root. Im moving to a private virtal server today to test the instalation there.

kerrygarvey

Anonymous
this instalation problem is most likely the result of how geeklog install and phpadmin interact. - My shared server has phpadmin installed to prevent shared users from accesing each others db's. Although I cant test this solution yet here is the probable work around. in php admin if you get this error Error SQL-query : mysql_list_dbs() MySQL said: Access denied for user: 'user@mydomain' (Using password: YES) in php admin Just fill the "$cfgServer[n]['only_db']" with your database name and you will no long face this problem. this is from the phpadmin help on sourceforge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/ ----- In Search of Inteligent Light Art, Music, and events in Georgian Bay Ontario

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content