Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:17 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't log out, can't create users

amckay

Forum User
Folks, I blew away my install and redid it all, and it went a bit cleaner this time. I got staticpages integrated, along with Dirks mods. I am having one same problem as with my last install in that I cannot create a user when logged in as admin. It goes through the wizard fine but then the user isn't in the list. Last time I installed geeklog I was able to get around this by logging out, and then going to the page to create an account for myself. Then it would email me my password and I'd go from there. I can't do that now, though, because I cannot log out. When I hit "log out" (while logged in as admin) I first go to a screen which says only this : Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /my/path/to/geeklog/plugins/staticpages/functions.inc:442) in /my/path/to/geeklog/htdocs/users.php on line 345 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /my/path/to/geeklog/plugins/staticpages/functions.inc:442) in /my/path/to/geeklog/htdocs/users.php on line 346 (no, it doesn't literally say "/my/path/to/geeklog" I just don't want to give out any details about my server) Then it goes to a page that says I've been successfully logged out, but all the admin tools are still visible on the left, and there is no login button (because I'm already logged in, I guess) What's up with that?

amckay

Forum User
I blew away my install yet again, and now none of the default usernames and passwords work. Ironically this install went clean as a whistle, and it is the first one to go through without a single hitch. I no longer get PHP errors in the middle of screens and stuff. I dunno what the heck is going on ...

amckay

Forum User
actually, I just noticed something odd. When I try to log in as Admin it shows in the top right that admin is logged in, but it does not let me access any admin stuff. I get no admin block on the left. I went into "forgot password" and got it to mail me a new one, and when I use it, same behavior exactly.

Anonymous

Anonymous
This appears to be a bug in geeklog, you really ought to have output buffering turned on with php in order for it to work properly. Otherwise it will not set cookies and headers correctly.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Are you restoring a previous database at all or using the default one with the clean install? I ask, just to remove the potential of data corruption. I had a login issue this week where it kept thinking a user was already logged in. There was a missing record in the user_pref table. Somehow it was deleted - don't know how because the user id was working ok. I know this is not the same problem but could be a variation of the theme.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:17 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content