Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 10:18 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't Login, as Admin or User

manifest

Anonymous
I've been working on an install of Geeklog 1.3.4 (great work, btw), and it's been going very well, until i decided to log out. Now, I am unable to login properly. As someone else here described, the system logs me in as an active user, but I'm kicked to the anonymous user front page. As admin of the site, this is obviously a problem. Any thoughts or recommendations on how I may fix this?

Anonymous

Anonymous
OK, I read the install and it seems to be going now, but I don't see anywhere that tells me what the default admin UN/PW is. I'm using 1.3.4 What's up with that? Did I miss it somewhere?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

When the install went through, you should be greeted by an article that clearly states what the default username and password are ...

For the record: The admin username is Admin and the password is password. I guess I don't have to stress that you should change this ASAP after you've logged in ...

bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
My problem was I got to the screen that says "Click here to see your new geeklog" (or whatever) and I saw the login on the left, and immediately I wanted to log in as admin. So I tried to do that, instead of clikcing "here". It doesn't matter how idiot-proof you make something, the world will always come up with a better idiot ;-) thanks, -Alan

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content