Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:25 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Group Permissions on Topics

pixelcowboy

Anonymous
I'm trying to create a topic that can only be viewed by a particular user group. While I believe I've set permissions correct, the topic link still appears in the Sections block for anyone to see (instead, just a logged-in member of the user group should be able to see it). Should this be possible with the current version of Geeklog? If so, how exactly should the permissions be applied.

Also, in testing this I discovered a possible bug in applying permissions to a topic: The "Read" permission for Anonymous cannot be unselected if Group does not have both Read and Edit selected (I had just Read set for Group and Read/Edit for Owner when I noticed this behavior). I read in an earlier post that someone experienced a similar problem with the Anonymous permission, and that a fixed had been posted on CVS, but perhaps it still needs some fine-tuning.

Thanks for your time! BTW, I just discovered this newest version of Geeklog, and I appreciate the efforts applied to its simple, functional design. I've been deciding between PostNuke and XOOPS the last couple weeks, but both go overboard on a number of things (many of which seem important to programmers but transparent to the actual user). Keep up the good work! What is the timeline for version 1.3.2, and what things need work for this next release?

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm having trouble with assigning group permissions to topics, as well. For example, not only will my group- assigned topics appear in the Sections nav for everyone to see, but it will also appear to the Topic drop-down menu when any user goes to publish a story. If a topic is available for only an assigned group, shouldn't that group be the only people that can see it exists (besides Admin)? Is this something that will be fixed for 1.3.2?

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
I haven't had a chance to reproduce this yet but I will here in the next day or so. If it is, in fact, a bug I'll get her fixed before 1.3.2. ----- The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Anonymous

Anonymous
fyi, I'm having this exact problem with 1.3.4.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:25 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content