Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:31 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

DailyQuote Plugin

Page navigation

Vervayne

Anonymous
I've installed all of the files to the correct directories, and I'm seeing the option to install this plugin under the plugin admin. When I click install, it reverts me back to the front page of the site and does not install.
The link to my site is here:
http://www.warhammeroffline.com/

Any idea what I may have done wrong?
Appreciate any help~
Thank you

machinari

Forum User
this install script has yet to be upgraded to work with register globals off.
in your admin/plugins/dailyquote/install.php find
Text Formatted Code
if ($action == 'install') {

and change to
Text Formatted Code
if ($_POST['action'] == 'install') {

Do the same for the uninstall line just a few lines below that one.
all should be well.

Vervayne

Anonymous
Hmm I made the change and its giving me the same result:
A kick back to the front page of the site and it doesn't install.
There's no error, nothing.

machinari

Forum User
OH! Leaves me speechless
make the same changes as above, but use $_GET instead of $_POST.

Vervayne

Anonymous
I changed it to:
Text Formatted Code
if ($_GET['action'] == 'install') {

Still, same result. I wonder what I did wrong. Shocked

machinari

Forum User
try refreshing your cache.. what version of Gl are you running?

Vervayne

Anonymous
Um, its 1.3.11 and my register globals are on. Didn't they have to be before version 1.4?

machinari

Forum User
Is the install page is in the proper directory?--double check.
Have you checked your error log?
You must be a member of the group Root to access the install script.

After that, who knows. The script works.

erZwo

Anonymous
brainy
Hi!

I also can't install the dailyquote plugin at geeklog version 1.3.4rc1, error.log entry shows that:

Don 19 Jan 2006 14:20:20 CET - Inserting default data into dailyquote_phpblock table
Don 19 Jan 2006 14:20:20 CET - 1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1. SQL in question:
Don 19 Jan 2006 14:20:20 CET - Error inserting default data into dailyquote_phpblock table

I think i have to change /public_html/admin/plugins/dailyquote/install.php where the dailyquote_block table is created and the default data is inserted, but how?

Text Formatted Code
$DEFVALUES['dailyquote_phpblock'] = "INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['blocks']} VALUES ('', 0, 'dailyquote', 'phpblock', 'Quote of the Day', 'all', 255, '', '', '', 0, 'phpblock_random_quote', '', 4, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2)";

Thank you for hints to solve the problem, i also know that this plugin has to be updated for geeeklog 1.3.4 completely.

machinari

Forum User
geeklog 1.4 has made changes to the blocks table. because this plugin has yet to be updated for gl 1.4, it does not take into account the extra columns.

the solution is to edit your admin/plugins/dailyquote/install.php file, which I don't have time to do just yet. maybe on the weekend if I find time.

I am updating the plugin slowly in order to be compatible with gl 1.4 and to take advantage of its many enhancements to the plugin API. but I'm quite busy just now.

Nax

Anonymous
Quote by erZwo: Hi!

I also can't install the dailyquote plugin at geeklog version 1.3.4rc1, error.log entry shows that:

Don 19 Jan 2006 14:20:20 CET - Inserting default data into dailyquote_phpblock table
Don 19 Jan 2006 14:20:20 CET - 1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1. SQL in question:
Don 19 Jan 2006 14:20:20 CET - Error inserting default data into dailyquote_phpblock table

I think i have to change /public_html/admin/plugins/dailyquote/install.php where the dailyquote_block table is created and the default data is inserted, but how?

Text Formatted Code
$DEFVALUES['dailyquote_phpblock'] = "INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['blocks']} VALUES ('', 0, 'dailyquote', 'phpblock', 'Quote of the Day', 'all', 255, '', '', '', 0, 'phpblock_random_quote', '', 4, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2)";

Thank you for hints to solve the problem, i also know that this plugin has to be updated for geeeklog 1.3.4 completely.

What changes did you have to make to this update statement to make it execute properly?

-Nax

machinari

Forum User
this should work
Text Formatted Code
$DEFVALUES['dailyquote_phpblock'] = "INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['blocks']} SET is_enabled='0', name='dailyquote', type='phpblock', title='Quote of the Day', tid='all', blockorder='255', phpblockfn='phpblock_random_quote'";
$DEFVALUES['dqmenu_phpblock'] = "INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['blocks']} SET is_enabled='0', name='dqmenu', type='phpblock', name='DailyQuote', blockorder='10', onleft='1', phpblockfn='phpblock_dqmenu'";

Nax

Anonymous
Thanks!

had to change name='DailyQuote' to title='DailyQuote' on the 2nd line but that worked great! Thanks for the assist!

-Nax

erZwo

Anonymous
excited
works now yet again, thanks!

ranma

Forum User
okay, i spreaded the files out correctly, changed the code as discussed above and am getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/mmocore/public_html/darthranma/admin/plugins/dailyquote/install.php on line 56

how do i find line 56 and how do i fix the syntax error? thanks for the help
-ranma

machinari

Forum User
open the install.php file and count to the 55th line. Most text editors will number the lines for you.
Then show your lines 55 and 56 here and I'll tell you what went wrong...

ranma

Forum User
okay, i was doing the editing in notepad, which probally was my first mistake. lines going everywhere without real seperation, very messy. so, i found a freeware text editor that does do the numbering and will compare two files and point out the differences.

first off i've got lines 55-57 from an untouched, freshly unzipped install.php file

(55) $DEFVALUES['dailyquote_settings'] = "INSERT INTO {$DQ_TABLES['dailyquote_settings']} VALUES (10, 50, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 2, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, '', 0, '', 0)";
(56) $DEFVALUES['dailyquote_phpblock'] = "INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['blocks']} VALUES ('', 0, 'dailyquote', 'phpblock', 'Quote of the Day', 'all', 255, '', '', '', 0, 'phpblock_random_quote', '', 4, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2)";
(57) $DEFVALUES['dqmenu_phpblock'] = "INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['blocks']} VALUES ('', 0, 'dqmenu', 'phpblock', 'DailyQuote', '', 10, '', '', '', 1, 'phpblock_dqmenu', '', 4, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2)";

and this is how i butchered it

(55) $DEFVALUES['dailyquote_settings'] = "INSERT INTO {$DQ_TABLES['dailyquote_settings']} VALUES (10, 50, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 2, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, '', 0, '', 0)";
(56) $DEFVALUES['dailyquote_phpblock'] = "INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['blocks']} SET is_enabled='0', name='dailyquote', type='phpblock', title='Quote of the Day', tid='all', blockorder='255', phpblockfn='phpblock_random_quote'";', 'all', 255, '', '', '', 0, 'phpblock_random_quote', '', 4, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2)";$DEFVALUES['dqmenu_phpblock'] = "INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['blocks']} SET is_enabled='0', name='dqmenu', type='phpblock', name='DailyQuote', blockorder='10', onleft='1', phpblockfn='phpblock_dqmenu'" '', 4, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2)";
(57)

it looks to my untrained eye that line 57 somehow joined line 56... your thoughts?

hmm.. i think these quote boxes are all messed up due to my use of firefox, sorry about that...

machinari

Forum User
replace 56 and 57 with the following:
Text Formatted Code
$DEFVALUES['dailyquote_phpblock'] = "INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['blocks']} SET is_enabled='0', name='dailyquote', type='phpblock', title='Quote of the Day', tid='all', blockorder='255', phpblockfn='phpblock_random_quote'";
$DEFVALUES['dqmenu_phpblock'] = "INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['blocks']} SET is_enabled='0', name='dqmenu', type='phpblock', title='DailyQuote', blockorder='10', onleft='1', phpblockfn='phpblock_dqmenu'";

ranma

Forum User
problem solved, thanks for your patience. now if only i could get it to work with my default layout... maybe its out of date, willhave to look into that...

ranma

Forum User
okay, the themes works with it now, it shows up in the homepage, but i cant seem to add a quote to it and if i try to add the same quote twice it says "That quotation already exists in our database. Please try again." when doing a new quote it says "Your quotation has been successfully added to our database. Add another?" but i dont see the quote anywhere, be it in the listings nor the search quotes nor do i see any text showing up anywhere even though i enabled all the blocks...

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:31 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content