Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 07:06 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Manually Creating a Geeklog Superuser

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
I've been getting a lot of support questions about new Geeklog superuser accounts not working. While it is working for most, others have found issues that I am busy fixing. In the interim, I figured it would be a worthwhile exercise if I explained how to manually create a Geeklog superuser. This assumes you have access to your Geeklog database with the MySQL client OR with some other tool and the exercise assumes you don't have a working Geeklog superuser account.First, create a new user or choose an existing one you want to make a super user. You can create an account in one of a few ways but probably the easiest is to just create an account using the 'new user' link in the login box. Once you have created your account, get the user ID from the users table for the account you want to make a superuser. Something like "select uid from users where username = '<username'>" should do the trick. Now all we have to do is give that user access to the Root group. To do this you need to insert a record into the group_assignments table as follows: INSERT INTO group_assignments (ug_main_grp_id, ug_uid) VALUES (1, <user_id>Wink; That's it. Now you should be able to login as that user and you will have full access to your geeklog site!
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello, I try de procedure but i can not log. When a try to log I see one second the menu 'administration' but after geeklog ask me for a another identification. What can a try? Eric

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello, With GeekLog v1.3.2b1 i solve the problem ... Eric

Anonymous

Anonymous
Nope, can't login. I can login when i go to admin/moderate.php but it only logs in for about 1 second and then redirects me to the login page. I know my globals are set on in my php.ini file.

ub3r

Anonymous
cheerful
works, thanks a lot

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:06 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content