Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 03:45 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

¸my site is down - after i added some code to libcustom

garfy

Forum User
i put some code in lib common for the random picture block and it was working fine thean they told me that i should put the code to lib custom file and i did it

then i saw that the right blocks are too wide and i removed the code from lib custom file and the geeklog is not showing up anymore

now i am overwriting all the files with file backupa 14 days old though Sad

i only recently updated database backup.

What do you suggest, should I upload the database backup also??
or just the file backup?

I do not know why my site went down. Should i update also the database backup from 14 days or from today??

garfy

Anonymous
I uploaded all the files from backup files, i did not backupd database sql

so this is the error I am getting

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: com_numberformat() in /home/altermed/plugins/polls/functions.inc on line 502

can someone help

should i overwrite the database sql, but it is 14 days old and I would loose some new things

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
COM_numberFormat is a new function in Geeklog 1.4.0. Which Geeklog version are you on?

bye, Dirk

garfy

Anonymous
I am 1,4 second release

I am overwriting all the files from backup 14 days ago, including my sql daztabase

I hope it will work

all I did is put some code into custom lib common

that is it

and whole site went down

I have posted few stories in last few days so I am wondering if I can update just the story filei in mysql database

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you were on 1.4.0 before that happened, there's no need for any database changes.

bye, Dirk

garfy

Forum User
I was on 1,4 befre that happened

and i overwrote the sql with 14 days old database sql

and also i overwrote the files on my server

the site is working ok but can i overwrite the sql with the newest sql database that i made today after the site went down??

garfy

Forum User
i deleted the sql database compeletely because the pictures were not showing up and when i tried to import the database i have on my hard disk the file was too big ( 10 MCool Tha max allowed size is 2 mb. What to do, how to import it. Can someone tell me??

And please be very precise sql is not my kind of field Very Happy

garfy

Forum User
ok my host put the sql database back where it was , they use the sql from yesterday after the crash because i wanted to keepo the latest stories I did in few days ago and i get this error

Warning: main(/home/altermed/plugins/links/functions.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/altermed/public_html/lib-common.php on line 6106

i really do not know what is happening

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by garfy: Warning: main(/home/altermed/plugins/links/functions.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

As the error message states: It can't find that file. Make sure it's there and/or that the path is correct.

Btw, you're making life too hard for yourself. You said you changed something in lib-custom.php and your site didn't work any more. Fine, then simply revert that change (always keep backups of files you're changing!) and the site should work again. No need to restore everything from a backup ...

bye, Dirk

garfy

Forum User
I know I went thru so much hassle because I downloaded the file backup from my hsost but it was really old even though I downloaded it 2 weeks ago.

Obviously the host has problems so i reinstalled the geeklog 1,4 release 2 and it wokrs fine now

damn host

thank you Dirk Very Happy

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:45 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content