Subject: eWiki Installation

Posted on: 09/02/09 04:03pm
By: techuser


I uploaded all of the files as per instructions for the eWiki install. it shows up as an available plugin, but when I click on the button to install it. All I get is this plugin is not installed.

I do not know what the problem could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!


Re: eWiki Installation

Posted on: 09/02/09 04:32pm
By: Dirk

Given its age, I would assume that it requires register_globals = on, at least for the installation.

bye, Dirk

Re: eWiki Installation

Posted on: 09/02/09 04:37pm
By: techuser

Thank you very much Dirk Smile

Re: eWiki Installation

Posted on: 09/02/09 06:52pm
By: techuser

The ewiki installation works now and it installed, but now when I click on tools, it takes me to the admin location, which is great, but if I click on any of the other links it says that it cannot find the .php files; when I look at the directory structure through my FTP client, the files are there!

What could the problem be???

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Re: eWiki Installation

Posted on: 29/04/10 03:44pm
By: n4th4n

I have ewiki installed on a private lan, and the ewiki tools all work and register globals is OFF (and has never been on). The entire geeklog/ewiki install was moved over from an older Redhat server last year and I don't remember making any changes in config at all. It sounds like a path is set wrong somewhere in a config script. I remember banging my head against the wall when I first set it up years ago but it's been working great ever since. I never touch any of the "tools" though anyway. I think I've used the delete pages tools and it worked ok.

Current system:
Geeklog version 1.5.1, ewiki 1.2 (in the plugins listing next to ewiki it lists Geeklog version 1.3.11)
Apache/2.2.9 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-2ubuntu4.6 with Suhosin-Patch

Re: eWiki Installation

Posted on: 06/09/11 12:14pm
By: n4th4n

Just an update. Found that after moving existing GL install (v.1.5.1) to a new (virtual) server with a newer version of PHP (5.3.2), ewiki no longer worked. The error I got was:
PHP Formatted Code
2 - strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given @ /path_to_html/ewiki/ewiki/ewiki.php line 2429

Tracked it down to an IF statement in ewiki.php file:
PHP Formatted Code

   #-- injected URLs
if (isset($ewiki_links[$href_i]) && strpos($inj_url = $ewiki_links[$href_i], "://")) {
    if ($href==$title) { $href = $inj_url; }

Commenting out this statement brought ewiki back to life. Since I'm using this on a local intranet and its not accessible to the world at large I don't have a problem with just commenting out the statement, but since it seems to perform some sanitizing I'm not suggested to do so for sites accessible on the internet generally. I am interested in what might have changed in PHP since I'm having some odd behaviors on other pages. I think the old server had PHP 5.2.6 (hard to tell now since it crashed hard).

Current system:
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.9

Geeklog - Forum