Subject: Bugs in Geeklog 1.4.0 beta 1

Posted on: 20/11/05 12:36pm
By: Dirk

Please use this forum thread to discuss bugs in the first beta release of Geeklog 1.4.0 (until our bugtracker site is back up).

Please use the Installation Forum for installation problems.

Bugs in Geeklog 1.4.0 beta 1

Posted on: 20/11/05 12:58pm
By: suvi

Because I got a problem with the 1.3.x I am going
to try this now.

Hallo, gruss aus der Schweiz

Posted on: 20/11/05 04:53pm
By: THEMike

1) Geeklog's syndication system doesn't follow HTTP Redirect codes, and fails to syndicate feeds behind redirects

- fixed in CVS.

2) It is not possible to create a new block.

- fixed in CVS.

Posted on: 20/11/05 10:23pm
By: mevans

Creating a new block in v1.4.0 beta 1 fails. In saveblock() $bid is not being pulled correctly from the form if 'register_globals = Off'.

Posted on: 21/11/05 01:32am
By: Euan

I assume that it states somewhere in the documentation that Geeklog strips out span styles etc created by FCKeditor unless you edit the allowed HTML arrays in config.php? I get the impression this could cause a serious amount of grief/forum posting if not made obvious.

Cheers

Euan

Posted on: 21/11/05 06:21am
By: kemal

first little bug.. you can see on this site
on filemgmt plugin, comments can not read..

and i thing this version more than slow ( page create time) previous version. isn't it?

Posted on: 21/11/05 02:34pm

[QUOTE BY= kemal] first little bug.. you can see on this site
on filemgmt plugin, comments can not read..[/QUOTE]
It's not a bug.

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 21/11/05 02:45pm

The file BadBehavior.Action.class.php (in plugins/spamx) wasn't supposed to be part of the distribution.

This is an experimental module I wrote a while ago. It's only used when you have Bad Behavior installed and can be safely removed.

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 21/11/05 04:31pm
By: machinari

the paging for the search class is an awesome idea, but it doesn't seem to be working as intended.

for example, click on find all postings by machinari and you'll come to the first page, no problem. click on page 2 and you are no longer limited to machinari's stuff, but everybody's. That may be due to the forum's lack of support for this feature--not sure.

I've implemented the paging feature in Inmemoriam, but still doesn't function properly. the proper results are returned by the query (double-checked) but page 2 will always display "no results found." I have implemented the API function properly, but cant find a reason for this behaviour.

Posted on: 21/11/05 05:18pm
By: machinari

[QUOTE BY= machinari] I have implemented the API function properly, but cant find a reason for this behaviour.[/QUOTE]turns out I didn't. forget about that. but the first issue stands.

Posted on: 21/11/05 08:28pm
By: vadertech

News block settings. (Spelling) "Seta as Default"

Posted on: 22/11/05 10:18am
By: tomw

In the professional theme:

1) advanced-editor-header.thtml has

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{site_url}/fckeditor/css/fck_editorarea.css">

when it should be

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{site_url}/fckeditor/editor/css/fck_editorarea.css">

2) style.css has the gold color which is an invalid color.

Posted on: 22/11/05 02:42pm
By: Vapour71

Please delete this post. I fixed my issue. Turned out I didn't replace a few files.

Posted on: 22/11/05 03:19pm
By: Anonymous

In advanced edit mode, preview button at the bottom of story does not work while preview in the navbar seems to work.

When user clicks preview, he/she isn't take to the preview but back to the edit screen. Initially it seems the preview does not exist. Scrolling down reveals it. This may cause a bit of initial confusion for users. I moved the preview table to the top of the storyeditor-advanced.thtml file, but am unable to get the preview tab to pop to the top whenever it has content.

Posted on: 22/11/05 06:04pm

Is there an issue with users.php when using custom registration. I just set up cust reg. When I click register now the data saves just fine but the site does not return to me. I simply get a blank screen. Errors are on in php.ini but no error appears in the log.

In the createuser function in users.php there are the following lines:

$uid = USER_createAccount ($username, $email);

if (!$_CONF['usersubmission'] == 1)
            {
                $retval = emailpassword ($username, 1, $msg);
            }

return $retval;

I know for a fact the code runs thru to the return (i put a test echo right before it and it echo'd after the data was saved).

btw. this is a stock GL installation except I made the change tomw mentioned above.

Curious.

Posted on: 22/11/05 06:18pm

I think this seems to be an issue with $_CONF['usersubmission']. If it is set to on, "1", then $retval is left blank. No refresh takes place. The refresh takes place if the email password is sent.

Is this right?

-Jeff

Posted on: 22/11/05 06:48pm

(I need to retrieve my password from here - sorry for the muliple posts)

There seems to be a bug in users.php. In the code I posted above, the IF part should be deleted. it should read

Again. I apologize for so many posts. I am only trying to help.

Posted on: 22/11/05 08:21pm

I too am having the problem with no redirect after a new user submits their New User Registration. I created a couple "dummy" users and I could not be redirected.

Posted on: 22/11/05 08:41pm

Ok, just out of curiosity, are there supposed to be "2" equal signs preceeding the variable 1 or 0 (zero)? I am finding quite a few lines that show "==" before the variable 1 or 0 (zero). For example:
case 'getpassword':
    $display .= COM_siteHeader ('menu');
    if ($_CONF['passwordspeedlimit'] == 0) {
        $_CONF['passwordspeedlimit'] = 300; // 5 minutes
    }

notice how there are "2" "=" signs in the "if ($_CONF['passwordspeedlimit'] ==0) {
However, after scrolling through the users.php file there are several "==" when other commands or lines only show "1" "=" followed by the variable 1 or 0 (zero).

Posted on: 23/11/05 03:13am

Turner:

The correct fix is in fact:
            if (!$_CONF['usersubmission'] == 1)
            {
            } else {
                $retval = COM_refresh ($_CONF['site_url'] . '/index.php?msg=48');
            }

And now in CVS.

Vapour71:

The == is for a test of equality, while = is for assignment, so:

$_CONF['passwordspeedlimit'] = 0;

Sets the value of $_CONF['passwordspeedlimit'] to 0, and is correct where it's used. However:
$_CONF['passwordspeedlimit'] == 0

Test to see if the value of $_CONF['passwordspeedlimit'] is equal to 0, and is not correct when done as:

$_CONF['passwordspeedlimit'] == 0;

Althought that is a legal syntax, it does nothing. It's used in if statements, like the example you gave. To confuse things further there is a === syntax ;-)

If you have any examples of:

if ($variable = 0)

Could you post them, as they are likely to be incorrect (although, there are some cases where a similar syntax may be correct...)

Posted on: 23/11/05 12:30pm

[QUOTE BY= mevans] Creating a new block in v1.4.0 beta 1 fails. In saveblock() $bid is not being pulled correctly from the form if 'register_globals = Off'.
[/QUOTE]

I added quotes to line 507 of admin/block.php around the $bid and it seemed to work. ('$bid')

Old

DB_save($_TABLES['blocks'],'bid,name,title,help,type,blockorder,content,tid,rdfurl,rdfupdated,rdflimit,phpblockfn,onleft,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,is_enabled',"$bid,'$name','$title','$help','$type','$blockorder','$content','$tid','$rdfurl','$rdfupdated','$rdflimit','$phpblockfn',$onleft,$owner_id,$group_id,$perm_owner,$perm_group,$perm_members,$perm_anon,$is_enabled");

NEW
DB_save($_TABLES['blocks'],'bid,name,title,help,type,blockorder,content,tid,rdfurl,rdfupdated,rdflimit,phpblockfn,onleft,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,is_enabled',"'$bid','$name','$title','$help','$type','$blockorder','$content','$tid','$rdfurl','$rdfupdated','$rdflimit','$phpblockfn',$onleft,$owner_id,$group_id,$perm_owner,$perm_group,$perm_members,$perm_anon,$is_enabled");

Posted on: 23/11/05 10:52pm

i am using the clean theme & under the admin blocks area,
i can't delete users.

i copied over the admin sec from pro to clean's admin..

it also doesnt work in the pro either.

basically, words are missing from the blocks.

any help would be appreciated

Story Editor Issues

Posted on: 23/11/05 11:14pm

Well, I must say I really do like the new Story Editor Options. However, when I click on any of the options links (Preview, Editor, Publish Options, Images, Archive Options, Permissions & Show All), it doesn't do anything or go anywhere. It just stays at the same screen. I also noticed that my browser shows an "Error on Page". The Error info is as follows:
--------------------
Line Error: 12
Character: 9
Error: 'FCKeditor' is undefined
Code: 0 (zero)
URL: http://www.mydomain.com/admin/story.php?mode=edit
-------------------

With that aside, I go ahead to create a new story and when I attempt to submit the new story I created, it tells me: "Please fill in the Title and Intro Text Fields" and I am unable to create any new stories.

Dirk, if you read this, can you please delete the post in the Feedback section With the same Subject name. It is the exact same post as I have made in this one, I accidently posted my 1.4.0b1 bug report in the wrong section. Sorry bro!

Posted on: 24/11/05 02:48am

[QUOTE BY= jarod] i am using the clean theme & under the admin blocks area,
i can't delete users.

any help would be appreciated[/QUOTE]

Click to EDIT a user. Then press the delete button. There is no delete option from the list.

Posted on: 24/11/05 02:50am

[QUOTE BY= phpsocialclub]

I added quotes to line 507 of admin/block.php around the $bid and it seemed to work. ('$bid')
[/QUOTE]

This is not the correct fix. I have already implemented a correct fix in the CVS archive (as noted several hours before the post you quoted ;-))

Posted on: 24/11/05 09:52am
By: drkrum

When I hit 'contribute', I get a bunch of warnings in my firefox javascript console related to the FCKEditor, like so:

Warning: The stylesheet /fckeditor/editor/skins/default/fck_editor.css was loaded as CSS even though its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".

Posted on: 24/11/05 09:54am

When using the FCKEditor for story submit, it seems that the 'introhtml' field is being entirely ignored in favour of the 'introtext' field. This has the effect of ignoring any text that the user has entered in HTML mode. I don't want to have to use the plaintext editor

Posted on: 24/11/05 07:25pm

[QUOTE BY= THEMike] [QUOTE BY= jarod] i am using the clean theme & under the admin blocks area,
i can't delete users.

any help would be appreciated[/QUOTE]

Click to EDIT a user. Then press the delete button. There is no delete option from the list.[/QUOTE]

thanks THEMike for your reply but here is a link with a pic
of the problems i am experiencing.

maybe i just forgot something in the upgrade but i have triple checked everything

i am using the clean theme.

thanks in advance

jarod

Posted on: 24/11/05 07:26pm

here is the link:

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/8761/missingstuff9yd.jpg

Posted on: 24/11/05 08:20pm

With regards to my post on Page 5 of this thread about not being able to submit new stories, I have found that if you set the advanced editor to false, you can then submit new stories and comments.

Posted on: 25/11/05 01:55am

[QUOTE BY= Jarod] http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/8761/missingstuff9yd.jpg[/QUOTE]
Looks like you're using an old language file.

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 25/11/05 06:55am

as always,
you guys are awesome!

thanks Dirk for the help

experts always make things look so friggin easy

thanks again for the quick responses!

Posted on: 26/11/05 11:50am

Dirk,
Just a thought here but, is it possible to run a demo site of the new Beta? That way we can compare the functions from a fresh install with the new beta from an upgrade install that many of us may be using? May help us to track some bugs with certain modules not working properly in the new beta that may be causing problems for some of us? Or is this idea so far out in left field that I should just keep my cake hole shut and let the experts work it out?

Posted on: 26/11/05 04:59pm
By: bero

So far no bugs found on arklinux.org -- but two feature requests:

Posted on: 26/11/05 07:51pm

[QUOTE BY= Vapour71] Dirk,
Just a thought here but, is it possible to run a demo site of the new Beta? [/QUOTE]
Demo site updated

Posted on: 26/11/05 07:54pm

[QUOTE BY= bero] Make the WYSIWYG editor work with Konqueror [/QUOTE]
Please talk to the FCKeditor folks. We're only bundling it with Geeklog.

[QUOTE BY= bero] Add support for a "header text", like the description of our project on top of arklinux.org[/QUOTE]
Use a static page in a centerblock.

bye, Dirk

Question 4 Fresh Install

Posted on: 26/11/05 08:09pm

Dirk or anyone that knows, can you tell me if this is possible...
Since I am having some issues with my beta, I was wondering if it was possible to just backup my database and then do a fresh install of the new beta and then import my backup database to the fresh install of the beta? I was just thinking if that was possible, I could then compare the fresh install with my old and go from there and see what happens? I think there may be some lines I am missing due to some lines that needed to be added to certain files for certain plugins to work.

Posted on: 27/11/05 03:30am

If you use phpmyadmin to backup your current, it should generate hundreds of inserts, which you could then use to restore into a beta database.

My advice, create a new database, change your geeklog to point at the new database, test the inserts. See if it works.

Then you can instantly switch back if it all goes wrong.

Posted on: 27/11/05 12:11pm

Will do thanks I will post any results good or bad. Bfore I go ahead and do anything, I jsut thought I would mention an Error message I received this morning when I attempted to move a topic to a more appropriate section on my site:
------------------------------------------------------
Access Error
You Should Not Be Here!
Restricted Access To This Forum Only.
------------------------------------------------------

Any idea what this all about? I then look and the entire post is gone. It removes the post from the original spot and seems to disappear. It never makes it to its destination. Kinda wierd isn't it?

Posted on: 28/11/05 07:06pm
By: tingo

FCKeditor - When I subit a story, the refresh doesn't work. My browser just sits there (../admin/story.php) with a blanlk page. If I view the page source, I can see this:

<head><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=http://moromc.dyndns.org/admin/story.php?msg=9"></head>

If I don't use the advanced editor, everything works as normal.

Posted on: 28/11/05 07:16pm
By: tingo

[QUOTE BY= euan] I assume that it states somewhere in the documentation that Geeklog strips out span styles etc created by FCKeditor unless you edit the allowed HTML arrays in config.php? I get the impression this could cause a serious amount of grief/forum posting if not made obvious.
[/QUOTE]
What is the "correct" way of fixing this?

a) change FCKeditor so it outputs the html codes we (Geeklog folks) are used to?

b) cchange Geeklog setup to allow the codes that FCKeditor outputs?

No, I haven't looked at the options, just asking.

Posted on: 28/11/05 07:49pm

Just a followup with my fresh install of the Beta. I backed up my database and then proceeded to upload a fresh install of the Beta allowing it to create all new tables. Once finished, I then inserted my tables from 1.3.11sr2 and everything worked perfect. I then of course had to install the plugins again. I did leave all initial plugins and folders behind when I did a fresh install of the Beta. Once I reinstalled the plugins and added the appropriate lines to lib-common.php and lib-custom.php and any other lines that needed to be added to any other files for the plugins to work, I inserted the tables from the backup database to the new. Using PHP MyAdmin I found that when I backed up the database I made sure I had checkmarks in:
Structure (put a checkmark)
Add 'drop table' (put a checkmark)
Enclose table and field names with backquotes (put a checkmark)
Data (put a checkmark)
Complete inserts (put a checkmark)
Extended inserts (put a checkmark)

This made it very easy for me to insert those tables into the newly created database from the Beta Install. If anyone has any questions about the proceedure on how I did this if I didn't make this clear enough, I would gladly help anyone that needs it if you choose to take this route. I am having absolutely no issues with the Beta with the proper lines that have been posted to fix certain known bugs.

Posted on: 30/11/05 08:30am
By: 1000ideen

@tingo

I think that the missing HTML-tags will be added here: if ($_CONF['advanced_editor'])

It is mainly this what is missing (may not be complete):

a lang id name type
hr style
ol style
ul style
font style
img vspace hspace dir border align lang longdesc title id alt
table align style width
caption
tbody

Concerning the stuck FF, Roman Taran offered a solution here:.
http://www.geeklog.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=600 Which is mainly this:

KNOWN BUGS

1. After installing the COM_refresh function ceases to work properly with Firefox. To fix it, open lib-common.php, find:

return "<html><head><meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0; URL=$url\"></head></html>\n";

and replace it with:

Header("Location: $url");
exit();

Posted on: 30/11/05 01:38pm

[QUOTE BY= 1000ideen] @tingo

I think that the missing HTML-tags will be added here: if ($_CONF['advanced_editor'])

It is mainly this what is missing (may not be complete):

a lang id name type
hr style
ol style
ul style
font style
img vspace hspace dir border align lang longdesc title id alt
table align style width
caption
tbody

Concerning the stuck FF, Roman Taran offered a solution here:.
http://www.geeklog.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=600 Which is mainly this:

KNOWN BUGS

1. After installing the COM_refresh function ceases to work properly with Firefox. To fix it, open lib-common.php, find:

return "<html><head><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=$url"></head></html>n";

and replace it with:

exit();

[/QUOTE]

With regards to the fix you have posted, in the lib-common.php file there is a forward slash before the "n" at the end of that line. It appears that the forward slash is not allowed to be posted and is removed when you submit.
At least mine has the forward slash before the "n" at the end of that line. Also, in your post for the fix, are you saying to replace the entire line or just part of it? Just seems to be unclear that's all. Just trying to help so that it's done properly the first time.

Posted on: 30/11/05 03:12pm

Yes you are right, I corrected my posting, maybe you want to edit the quoting too (editing seems to work now) - just that nobody gets irritated.

I replaced the whole line indeed and it works very well. Roman explained it here briefly: http://www.geeklog.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=600 He integrated rich textarea into geeklog 1.3.11

Dirk said in the German forum that this idea was pretty good. It was very unlikely but it might produce problems in another way. So it is probably not a real fix but a way to work around at the time being. I have not yet encountered problems in 1.3.11sr2 nor 1.4.0 b1.

Posted on: 30/11/05 03:39pm

Ok, that's great. However, do you need to replace the entire line
return "<html><head><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=$url"></head></html>n";

and replace with:
exit();

or just part of it? And if just part of it, what part?
I am also finding when I want to use the Advanced Story Editor, none of the options work when I click on them. When and or if I want to "SHOW ALL" and or just select "PERMISSIONS" nothing happens and the page just stays the same or it just refreshes me to the top of my page. It's odd but not too sure what to do or where I should start looking to correct this so that I can change my "Archive Settings" within the Advanced Story Editor.

Posted on: 30/11/05 03:52pm

[QUOTE BY= 1000ideen]I replaced the whole line indeed and it works very well.[/QUOTE] Yes the whole line has to be replaced. You are right I wondered the same when I read that the first time.

The folks at phpBB have a great way of describing alterations. Probably because they have so many updates where you only have to change a line or two. They say:

Search for:
return "<html><head><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=$url"></head></html>\";

Replace with:
exit();

Well, in the end there is always a third and second way to understand it.

Posted on: 30/11/05 04:27pm
By: dbcollies

The XML file generated for an ATOM 1.0 feed is slightly incorrect. The and tags claim to be generated as GMT, when in fact they're generated according to the local system time. So, in my case, that means that stories look like they're published 6 hours earlier than they were.

But, in general - kudos for a great release!

Major DB Issue With Forum

Posted on: 01/12/05 12:38pm

I am having a serious issue with the database and forum. If I need to move a posting to an area that is more appropriate, when I hit "GO" to move the post I get the page saying that is it done and if I don't wanna wait then click "here". When the page refreshes, I get the message "You should not be here! Restricted Access.." Then when I go to the area that I moved the post to, its not there and the posting disappears and is nowhere to be found. Like it was just deleted instead of being moved.
What should I be looking for or checking to correct this? Any ideas?

Posted on: 01/12/05 04:52pm
By: DanGarion

For some reason RSS feed blocks taken from Live Journal are showing up with double links.

IE : http://www.livejournal.com/users/dangarion/309309.htmlhttp://www.livejournal.com/users/dangarion/309309.html

I just threw together a test site to check out the beta here and you can see two RSS feeds Stumble and Live Journal. The Stumble one is fine by Live Journal is not.

http://www.scofv.com/

For what it's worth I already updated to the daily CVS to check for fixes.

Posted on: 02/12/05 02:47am

Which of your LJ feeds are you using? Atom or RSS?

I'm using the syndication stuff to suck the Atom out of my LJ feed, and it's working fine, single links. Top right block on my home page. here

Posted on: 02/12/05 09:01am
By: DanGarion

[QUOTE BY= THEMike] Which of your LJ feeds are you using? Atom or RSS?

I'm using the syndication stuff to suck the Atom out of my LJ feed, and it's working fine, single links. Top right block on my home page. here[/QUOTE]

I'm was using the RSS feed.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/dangarion/data/rss

I changed over to the ATOM feed and it's working correctly now. Still weird though.

Posted on: 02/12/05 02:19pm

Ah I have identified and fixed the issue, I'll check it in when I've fully tested and fixed some other feed related issues.

Posted on: 04/12/05 10:29am
By: Darryl

Just wondering if I am blind, or was the poll info taken out of config.php?

Posted on: 04/12/05 11:19am

[QUOTE BY= Darryl] Just wondering if I am blind, or was the poll info taken out of config.php?[/QUOTE]
Since polls are in a plugin now, the poll config is in the poll plugin's config now as well: /path/to/geeklog/plugins/polls/config.php

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 04/12/05 05:19pm

Is anyone or has anyone come across not being able to add the Java Scripts for Google AdSense? When I try to add them to my GL Beta 1.4.0, the Center Block just shows the source code and not the ads that are supposed to be showing. However, if I set AdvancedEditor to false, it works. Any ideas? As usual, thanks in advance

Bugs in Geeklog 1.4.0 beta 1 - new RSS block

Posted on: 07/12/05 10:34am
By: timatlee

Not sure if this has beenposted..

When I try to create a new portal block, it generates an SQL error:

Wed 07 Dec 2005 08:23:41 MST - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''GeeklogNews','Geeklog','http://www.geeklog.net','portal','0','','all','http://w' at line 1. SQL in question: REPLACE INTO gl_blocks (bid,name,title,help,type,blockorder,content,tid,rdfurl,rdfupdated,rdflimit,phpblockfn,onleft,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,is_enabled) VALUES (,'GeeklogNews','Geeklog','http://www.geeklog.net','portal','0','','all','http://www.geeklog.net/backend/geeklog.rss','','10','',0,5,4,2,0,0,0,1)

Posted on: 07/12/05 10:38am

It would be interesting how THEMike fixed this error because I`d like to continue work with beta1 or is beta2 around the corner?

Posted on: 07/12/05 01:01pm

Get admin/blocks.php from cvs, or get the latest CVS nightly tarball.

Bugs in Geeklog 1.4.0 beta 1 - CVS

Posted on: 07/12/05 11:36pm

I upgraded to the nightly snapshot of CVS .. so not sure if this is the correct place for this post..

However, the alternating colours in the Professional theme seen in the User and Group admin areas was not working in firefox. This appreared to be because the .pluginRow1 and .pluginRow2 were designated for TD .. by removing the "td" from the CSS, the alternating colour appeared to working again ... the HTML calls for <tr class="pluginRow1" etc..

Posted on: 08/12/05 12:43pm
By: rich00

The DB Backup feature seems to be broken following my otherwise-smooth upgrade to 1.4. Has anybody else seen this issue?

Backup file Size
geeklog_db_backup_2005_12_08_12_37_14.sql 665 Bytes
geeklog_db_backup_2005_12_07_22_29_18.sql 665 Bytes
geeklog_db_backup_2005_12_07_22_28_35.sql 665 Bytes

The files obviously don't contain any data:

-- MySQL dump 10.9
--
-- Host: localhost Database: weblog
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version 4.1.14-log

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
/*!40101 SET NAMES latin1 */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;
/*!40111 SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;

Running mysql-4.1.14 and non-CVS geeklog beta.

Posted on: 10/12/05 12:49am

Sat 10 Dec 2005 05:44:45 UTC - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT grp_id,grp_name FROM gl_groups WHERE grp_id IN (2,4,7,11,5,13,12,10,8,1,14,3,6,9,15,)

I get the above error when clicking on the edit link for a user. Latest cvs snapshot. Seems to be an extra comma or an unset item.

Cheers

Posted on: 12/12/05 09:06am
By: knuff

[QUOTE BY= THEMike] Get admin/blocks.php from cvs, or get the latest CVS nightly tarball.[/QUOTE]

I had the error with the wrongly bid.

I tried that one, and now I get another error.
It seems that there is a double AND AND in the select, but to be honest I really got lost when looking into block.php

This is the error:

Mon 12 Dec 2005 14:57:44 CET - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND onleft=1 ORDER BY blockorder asc LIMIT 0,50' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT * FROM gl_blocks WHERE 1 AND AND onleft=1 ORDER BY blockorder asc LIMIT 0,50;

Used block.php from nightly cvs - timestamp 12.12.2005 8 AM

Best Regards,
Boris

Posted on: 12/12/05 09:27am

[QUOTE BY= knuff] Used block.php from nightly cvs - timestamp 12.12.2005 8 AM[/QUOTE]
Better quote the $Id line. The version tagged

$Id: block.php,v 1.90 2005/12/11 11:36:10 ospiess Exp $

works just fine for me. Also make sure you've updated lib-admin.php, as most of the code for the lists is in that file. Current version as of this writing:

$Id: lib-admin.php,v 1.41 2005/12/11 22:51:03 dhaun Exp $

I don't get any SQL errors when listing, editing, creating, or deleting blocks.

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 12/12/05 09:47am

Thanks Dirk, as always very fast and efficient

It was the lib-admin.php I was missing, as I didnĀ“t want to update everything.

So now it works like a charm.

And just to be complete, I am using
$Id: block.php,v 1.86 2005/11/19 14:08:25 dhaun Exp $

Cheerz,
Boris

PS Great Nifty Release !!!

Posted on: 12/12/05 07:19pm

As admin, when I open the http://.../admin/user.php I have a user whose Full Name is given as &quot;Geeklog Superuser&quot;. I have tried to fix the name by editing the user's profile (e.g., http://.../admin/user.php?mode=edit&amp;uid=16), but save has no effect -- the Full Name is still &quot;Geeklog Superuser&quot;. I also note that I cannot reset the user's passwords this way either.

Posted on: 12/12/05 07:29pm

[QUOTE BY= Tom Duck] As admin, when I open the http://.../admin/user.php I have a user whose Full Name is given as "Geeklog Superuser". I have tried to fix the name by editing the user's profile (e.g., http://.../admin/user.php?mode=edit&uid=16), but save has no effect -- the Full Name is still "Geeklog Superuser". I also note that I cannot reset the user's passwords this way either.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, just to clarify: The page where the Full Name information is not updated is http://.../admin/user.php?mode=edit&uid=16. The password fields are blank (probably intentional), but do seem to work. Apologies for the confusion.

Posted on: 13/12/05 02:01am

[QUOTE BY= Tom Duck] As admin, when I open the http://.../admin/user.php I have a user whose Full Name is given as "Geeklog Superuser".[/QUOTE]
Do you see the same name regardless which user you edit? If so, it's your browser fooling you - many browsers these days store form contents and if your browser stored the content of the user edit form, it will always display that stored content instead of the actual user data.

In that case, try getting rid of the stored content (in the browser's preferences somewhere) or try using another browser.

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 13/12/05 07:51am

I am using MySQL 5 and tried to enter a new PHP Block.
But I run into this, from error.log:

12/13/05 13:43:19 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''','language','','phpblock','0','','all','','','0','phpblock_MyMenu',1,2,4,3,2,2' at line 1. SQL in question: REPLACE INTO gl_blocks (bid,name,title,help,type,blockorder,content,tid,rdfurl,rdfupdated,rdflimit,phpblockfn,onleft,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,is_enabled) VALUES (,'','language','','phpblock','0','','all','','','0','phpblock_MyMenu',1,2,4,3,2,2,2,1)

anybody else with this problem?

Posted on: 13/12/05 01:58pm

[QUOTE BY= suvi] I am using MySQL 5 and tried to enter a new PHP Block.
But I run into this, from error.log:[/QUOTE]
This is a known big in the beta, as reported on the first page of this thread. It has since been fixed in CVS (also see my above discussion with knuff).

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 13/12/05 04:06pm

Just wanted to add that if you update only block.php and lib-admin.php some other things will not work due to changes in lib-admin.php.

Therefore you should consider using the full cvs, or at least the full admin section of the cvs.

Hence the name beta

Posted on: 14/12/05 08:26am
By: lokki

[QUOTE BY= THEMike] 1) Geeklog's syndication system doesn't follow HTTP Redirect codes, and fails to syndicate feeds behind redirects

- fixed in CVS.

2) It is not possible to create a new block.

- fixed in CVS.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the nightly CVS tarball of Gl1.4.0b1. What files should i replace to make new blocks create?

Thanks

Posted on: 14/12/05 11:01am

I tried to untar the nightly but I got

C:wampwwwgeeklog-cvs-nightly.tar.gz: Unexpected end of archive
C:wampwwwgeeklog-cvs-nightly.tar.gz: CRC failed in Cwampwwwgeeklog-cvs-nightly.tar.gz. The file is corrupt

Posted on: 14/12/05 01:53pm

@suvi: The tarball on the server unpacks just fine. Try downloading it again.

@lokki: See the above discussion ...

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 14/12/05 11:39pm
By: TechSys

Just wanted to add that if you update only block.php and lib-admin.php some other things will not work due to changes in lib-admin.php.

So far the only other thing I've had to replace is story.php. After updating block.php and lib-admin.php, I went to create a new story and had an sql error. Once I updated it, no more problems..

Just thought I'd throw that in in case somebody else ran into the same problem.

Calendar charset error in UTF-8?

Posted on: 15/12/05 12:40am

The characters for days of the week along the small calendars of previous and next month in the month view are corrupted in Japanese_utf-8. Setting language to Japanese_EUC displays days correctly. This has been so at least since Geeklog 1.3.11sr1.

Posted on: 15/12/05 04:57am

to dirk: I have to go through a stupid proxy. There was also a problem
downloading something from geeklog because of that.
I think this very very very stupid proxy (I hate proxys, they are useless)
is the problem that I can't untar the file.

Posted on: 15/12/05 02:32pm

[QUOTE BY= euan] The characters for days of the week along the small calendars of previous and next month in the month view are corrupted in Japanese_utf-8. Setting language to Japanese_EUC displays days correctly.[/QUOTE]
Do you think this a problem with the language file or is Geeklog messing them up somehow?

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 16/12/05 04:28am

I have downloaded the nightly build today (16.Dez), with another internet connection :-), an replaced the whole admin section. Unfortunatly

block, stories and user do not work.

(I am using mysql 5 ) on users I get this sql error:

12/16/05 10:15:46 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND gl_users.uid > 1 ORDER BY uid asc LIMIT 0,50' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT gl_users.uid,username,fullname,email,photo,regdate,lastlogin FROM gl_users LEFT JOIN gl_userinfo ON gl_users.uid=gl_userinfo.uid WHERE 1 AND AND gl_users.uid > 1 ORDER BY uid asc LIMIT 0,50;

on stories

12/16/05 10:24:26 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND (tid = 'General' OR tid = 'GeekLog' OR tid = 'Finance' OR tid = 'POTS' OR t' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT gl_stories.*, gl_users.username, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(date) AS unixdate FROM gl_stories LEFT JOIN gl_users ON gl_stories.uid=gl_users.uid WHERE 1 AND AND (tid = 'General' OR tid = 'GeekLog' OR tid = 'Finance' OR tid = 'POTS' OR tid = 'Event' OR tid = 'People') ORDER BY unixdate desc LIMIT 0,50;

and on blocks

12/16/05 10:26:00 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND onleft=1 ORDER BY blockorder asc LIMIT 0,50' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT * FROM gl_blocks WHERE 1 AND AND onleft=1 ORDER BY blockorder asc LIMIT 0,50;

Posted on: 16/12/05 07:56am

[QUOTE BY= Dirk]
Do you think this a problem with the language file or is Geeklog messing them up somehow?
[/QUOTE]
I had a look at all the relevant files quickly. I can see nothing wrong with calendar.php or the template files or language files. Also, calendar.class.php seems fine - but I only glanced through it once. If you could, please have a quick look at the calendar class and see if you can see anything. I'll have another look later.

I wonder if this is a problem with PHP and UTF8? The fact that EUC works and UTF8 does not seems odd to me.

Cheers, Euan.

Posted on: 16/12/05 08:34pm

Dirk,

Found it (the problem with calendar titles). In calendar.php, there is a function makeDaysHeadline that returns the table header tags for the small table. It takes the normal language string (Monday, Tuesday etc.) and does a
substr ($LANG30[2], 0, 2)
- which is fine for double-byte charsets like EUC but no good for triple-byte charsets like UTF8. This needs to be changed to use separate short strings from the language files: eg Mo, Tu, We for English, whatever needed for other languages. Or, do a check for the charset and set the substr length accordingly (sounds like more hassle to me).

Cheers,

Euan.

langauge files $LANG30:

42 => 'Mo',
    43 => 'Tu',
    44 => 'We',
    45 => 'Th',
    46 => 'Fr',
    47 => 'Sa',
    48 => 'Su'

calendar.php

/**
* Returns a string with table header tags filled with the language
* strings for the days of the week
*/

function makeDaysHeadline ()
{
    global $_CONF, $LANG30;

$retval = '<tr><th>';
    if ($_CONF['week_start'] == 'Mon') {
        $retval .= $LANG30[42] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[43] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[44] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[45] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[46] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[47] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[48] . '</th></tr>';
    } else {
        $retval .= $LANG30[48] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[42] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[43] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[44] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[45] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[46] . '</th><th>'
                . $LANG30[47] . '</th></tr>';
    }

return $retval;
}

Posted on: 17/12/05 03:56am

Thanks, Euan. Looks like that bug has been there since "forever", though - not something that has been introduced in 1.4.

Instead of adding the names to the language file, I'm wondering if we couldn't let PHP do the work. Something like
<?php

setlocale( LC_ALL, 'ja_JP' );

echo strftime( '%b' );

?>
should, in theory, produce the abbreviated month name in Japanese. All it does for me, though, is to return "12". It does return the proper German abbreviation for 'de_DE', though.

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 17/12/05 08:37am

Dirk,

I came up with this, but it requires a new variable in every language file - but one which might prove useful anyway:

$LANG_LOCALE = 'en_GB';
$LANG_LOCALE = 'ja_JP';
etc.

/**
* Returns a string with table header tags filled with the language
* strings for the days of the week
*/

function makeDaysHeadline ()
{
    global $_CONF, $LANG30, $LANG_LOCALE;

setlocale(LC_ALL, $LANG_LOCALE);
    $start = strtotime($_CONF['week_start']);

$retval = '<tr>';
    for($i=0; $i<=6; $i++) {
        $retval .= "<th>".strftime('%a',$start+(86400*$i))."</th>";
    }
    $retval .= '</tr>';

return $retval;
}

Only tested on PHP 5.0.4 on OSX 10.4.2.

Cheers, Euan.

Posted on: 17/12/05 12:30pm

I'm not sure what happened, what I did before this started showing in my error.log, or if this is even a bug. Everything seems to be working properly, except everytime my site is visited I get 2k of this in my error.log.

12/17/2005 12:26:08 PM - SELECT * FROM mnu_index WHERE ((perm_anon >= 3) OR (perm_members >= 2) OR ((group_id = 2) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 4) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 7) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 11) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 5) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 13) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 12) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 19) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 10) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 8) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 1) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 14) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 3) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 6) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 9) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 20) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 21) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 18) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 17) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((group_id = 15) AND (perm_group >= 2)) OR ((owner_id = 2) AND (perm_owner >= 2))) AND (lang = 'english') ORDER BY m_pos ASC 
12/17/2005 12:26:08 PM - nrows = 14 <> language = english 

Posted on: 17/12/05 12:45pm

[QUOTE BY= TechSys] I'm not sure what happened, what I did before this started showing in my error.log, or if this is even a bug.[/QUOTE]
This has nothing at all to do with the beta. It's debug output of the menu plugin.

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 17/12/05 01:24pm

Thanks Dirk. I had a feeling it was the menu plugin but wasn't quite sure.

Thanks again

Posted on: 17/12/05 02:03pm
By: PNMarkW2

Okay, I must be an idiot (don't everyone agree at once). I've got GL 1.4.0 Beta 1 installed, and I'm getting error mentioned here that are reported fixed in the CVS, cool. Except I can't seem to get to the CVS to download it. I've tried two different windows CVS clients, and both fail to connect.

Can someone give me some pointers because I'd really like to add a block to my site.

~Mark

Posted on: 17/12/05 02:16pm

If you have a browser you only need to download this:
http://www.geeklog.net/nightly/geeklog-cvs-nightly.tar.gz

Posted on: 17/12/05 02:17pm

[QUOTE BY= PNMarkW2] Except I can't seem to get to the CVS to download it. I've tried two different windows CVS clients, and both fail to connect. [/QUOTE]
I just checked (though not with a Windows client): Anonymous CVS is working just fine. If you can't get it to work, please start a new thread and provide some more information so that the Windows folks can help you there.

Or you could simply download the nightly tarball ...

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 17/12/05 03:35pm
By: Blaine

[QUOTE BY= drkrum] When using the FCKEditor for story submit, it seems that the 'introhtml' field is being entirely ignored in favour of the 'introtext' field. This has the effect of ignoring any text that the user has entered in HTML mode. I don't want to have to use the plaintext editor [/QUOTE]
What browser are you using?

Posted on: 19/12/05 09:53pm

Poll comments:

If you try to refresh from threaded view to nested view, the page returned is the list of polls on the site. At a quick guess, the qid is not being set (from polls/index.php - "no qid returns a list of polls").

Cheers, Euan.

Posted on: 20/12/05 01:18pm

[QUOTE BY= Blaine] [QUOTE BY= drkrum] When using the FCKEditor for story submit, it seems that the 'introhtml' field is being entirely ignored in favour of the 'introtext' field. This has the effect of ignoring any text that the user has entered in HTML mode. I don't want to have to use the plaintext editor [/QUOTE]
What browser are you using?[/QUOTE]

Firefox 1.0.7/linux. It appears to work when I am logged in as admin, but not at all when I hit "contribute" as anonymous. I haven't tested with other user accounts.

Posted on: 20/12/05 03:03pm

Am I the only one who has noticed that the "Preview" button at the bottom of the advanced FCKeditor doesn't work? What gives?

-Jeff

Posted on: 20/12/05 03:24pm

i think blaine addressed this issue already.
you have his response here.

Posted on: 20/12/05 03:26pm
By: Blaine

[QUOTE BY= Turner] Am I the only one who has noticed that the "Preview" button at the bottom of the advanced FCKeditor doesn't work? What gives?
-Jeff[/QUOTE]What are you trying to preview - have you saved the story yet?

If you save it - just as before when you edit the story again, it would show the preview of the story first and then the edit form. I've now moved that preview into a separate area so you can show/hide that content and allow you the editor to focus on the edit form if editing. With the FCKEditor already showing formatted HTML, you get a pretty good idea of the formatted content.

Posted on: 20/12/05 10:00pm

I'm very sorry. I didn't see this response.

Posted on: 22/12/05 07:22am
By: LWC

The X in "Views: X" (for stories) uses ' instead of ,

It also means that in RTL sites it's shown, for example, as 404'1 instead of as 1'404.

Please bring back the comma.

Posted on: 22/12/05 07:59am

[QUOTE BY= LWC] Please bring back the comma.[/QUOTE]
// Number formatting
$_CONF['thousand_separator'] = "'";  // could be ' , . etc.

bye, Dirk

Posted on: 23/12/05 05:29am
By: LWC

I don't currently use 1.4beta. I just hope you'd fix it for the future.

Bugs in Geeklog 1.4.0 beta 1 - Poll comment glitch?

Posted on: 24/12/05 04:32am

Hello ..

Just tried playing with polls on a new GL site I'm setting up ..

When I click to log a comment (clicking the Reply button), I get redirected a few times .. to polls/index.php, then to /comments.php, then back to /index.php (I think)..

I'm using the nightly snapshot from CVS.

Anyone else see anything similar?

Posted on: 31/12/05 10:31am

Thanks to all for your feedback!

Geeklog 1.4.0rc1 has now been released and there's a new thread to report bugs in 1.4.0rc1.

Geeklog - Forum
https://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=60248