Subject: Making links appear in a pop-up window.

Posted on: 14/05/05 05:21pm
By: Anonymous

Geeklog is a great system, there is just one little thing that i have a question about.
When i post a news subject (www.mckillem.nl) (its english) i want the links i post in the news subject to appear as a pop-up instead of making my visitor leave the site and go to the link, anyone can tell me how that is done?
Thanks in advance.

Making links appear in a pop-up window.

Posted on: 14/05/05 06:25pm

i tried some searching but all they sed to try didnt work, i hope someone can explain it once and for all

Posted on: 14/05/05 07:19pm
By: r_f_o_t

You didn't say what you have tried, so start with the FAQ Why does Geeklog remove certain HTML tags? Then you'll need to add the 'target' attribute to your config.php, which is explained in the above FAQ.

HTH,

Chuck

Posted on: 16/05/05 04:35pm

I understand the target attributes tag. How/where do I do this:

I have a portal block that has a RSS feed in. When the links in the block are clicked, the visitors are susequently led away from my site to the link.....where do I need to put the "target = _blank" tag in order to make the RSS'ed links open in a separate window?

Posted on: 16/05/05 04:38pm

before I forget, I only need the Rss in feeds to open in a new window; everything else needs to open in the same browser window.

Geeklog - Forum
https://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=52706