Subject: Anonymous posters must enter security code from image for comments

Posted on: 02/09/04 04:53am
By: Elegantly

I have already tried to get feedback on How to include CAPTCHA support for anti-spam comments? and a corresponding post of mine in Comment Spam Plugin, but haven't received a response so far.

But since I was really in need of a better anti-spam solution for anonymous commenters, I hacked the required functionality myself into Geeklog. Maybe I could have written a plugin, but noone gave me a hint how I could include this feature as a plugin (if it is possible at all).

The CAPTCHA anti-spam hack works as follows:

-- Geeklog shows anonymous users a randomly generated image with a security code, which the anonymous user has to enter correctly; if the user's input (response) does not match the supplied image (challenge), she sees an informative error page and can retry on a newly generated image
-- In my current hack, registered users do not need to enter the security code; it is only targetting anonymous posters

If anyone (or the devs) wants to know more about it, you're welcome to post your questions in this thread.

Anonymous posters must enter security code from image for comments

Posted on: 06/09/04 12:42am
By: arthur

I would love to know how to do this. If I had programming skills, I'd help. Post your solution here, or contact me to let me know how I could implement this on Shrednow.

Thanks,

Geeklog - Forum
https://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=39817