Subject: emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 01:06am
By: Cregar

I have my site up and running great but I can't get the emailgeeklogstories script to work.
I get a email stating:

/bin/sh: emailgeeklogstories: command not found

I have tried the suggestion of removing the line of text from the emailgeeklogstories file and running thru my browser as a php file. The script works fine. But when I run it through cron I get the error above.

Thank for any help.

emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 10:40am
By: Dirk

Did you specify the complete path to the emailgeeklogstories script? Did you set the executable flags? bye, Dirk

emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 10:48am

The path is fine. All I did was set the permissions (through FTP) to be 755. Is that what you mean by excutable?

emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 10:51am
By: Tony

This sounds like a basic *nix issue. Just type this: ./emailgeeklogstories---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 11:13am

Ok Tony, Changing the cron line like you suggested give me this now:

./emailgeeklogstories: ?php : No such file or directory
./emailgeeklogstories: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `include('/XXXX/XXXXX/public_html/lib-common.php')'
./emailgeeklogstories: line 7: `include('/XXXXX/XXXX/public_html/lib-common.php'); '

Any Ideas???

---
--
"Get Geeked"
Cregar

emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 12:15pm

You originally wrote that you removed the first line from the emailgeeklogstories script. Did you put it back in? bye, Dirk

emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 12:59pm

Yep, after testing the script in my browser with the .php extension I took the .php extension off and added #!/usr/local/bin/php -q back in.

The path in my cron command is set as:

./emailgeeklogstories

I set the permissions through ftp as 755

Thanks again for any help provided.

---
--
"Get Geeked"
Cregar

emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 01:16pm
By: micahmj11

Not understanding much about unix, and being new to php, I too had difficulty getting emailgeeklogstories working. But i finally got it to work. Im not sure if your situation is the same as mine, but I had to type php before the path in the cron job. it looks like this: php /PATH/TO/emailgeeklogstories.php and the contents of emailgeeklogstories.php is: #!/usr/local/bin/php -q <?php #This code snippet is responsible for emailing Geeklog stories to users #for the topics they select. For this script to work you must have compiled #php so it can also be used a shell scripting language. DO NOT change anything #in this file. You should call this script from your crontab (man crontab). require_once ("/PATH/TO/lib-common.php"Wink; COM_emailUserTopics(); ?> The addition of the "php" in the cron tab is what finally made it work for me. hope this helps. Micah

emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 01:19pm

Does the emailgeeklogstories file to be in the public_html directory? Right now its outside the public_html directory.<br><br> config.php<br> emailgeeklogstories<br> public_html<br> etc<br> <br>I wish I could get this working ----- "Get Geeked" Cregar

emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 01:26pm

set it up as you suggested and got this error:<br><br> I Failed loading /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendOptimizer.so: /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendOptimizer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory<br> X-Powered-By: PHP/4.2.3 Set-Cookie: LastVisit=1043432640; expires=Sat, 24-Jan-04 18:24:00 GMT; path=/ <br> Set-Cookie: LastVisitTemp=deleted; expires=Thu, 24-Jan-02 18:23:59 GMT; path=/; domain=http://www.janischfamily.com <br> Content-type: text/html <br> ----- "Get Geeked" Cregar

emailgeeklogstories

Posted on: 24/01/03 06:27pm

If you put it inside your public_html, everyone can call it up at any time. You surely don't want that ... bye, Dirk

Geeklog - Forum
https://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=15196