Other changes in this release:
- Fixed a regression in Geeklog 1.8.0 that made the [code] and [raw] tags not escape content properly.
- Fixed problems with adding or removing items to/from arrays in the Configuration.
- The admin's User Editor no longer loses changes when an error occured.
- Fixed images not being displayed in the story preview (when editing an existing story).
- Plugins can now set $_SCRIPTS in the plugin_getFooter() function.
- Fixed some warnings raised by PHP 5.4 (currently in beta).
There were no changes in the database, the themes or the language files in Geeklog 1.8.1 (over 1.8.0), so upgrades should be relatively straighforward.
Next up: We will now concentrate on Geeklog 1.9.0, which will bring some changes in topics, blocks, and the MySQL API that may affect existing plugins. Plugin authors are encouraged to join us on the geeklog-devel mailing list and also to try out the "nightly" tarball for early testing.