Since the development of Geeklog 1.3.12 takes much longer than anticipated, we thought we'd make some of the security enhancements and improved spam protection we developed for 1.3.12 available to users of Geeklog 1.3.11. We also threw in a few bugfixes.
- Added a login speed limit, kicking in after 3 failed login attempts (configurable in config.php).
- Filter linefeeds from the To:, From:, and Subject: fields of any email sent through COM_mail.
- Checks for spam are now done for comments, story, link, and event submissions, the message sent with the "email story to a friend" option, and for the contents of the user profile.
- Spammers get a 403 HTTP response code now and have to wait for the submission speed limit to expire.
- Spam-X plugin 1.0.2[*1] included (with the default URL for MT-Blacklist changed to geeklog.net, due to MT-Blacklist being discontinued[*2] ).
Bugfixes include a fix for a problem with PHP 5.0.5, better handling of special characters in email addresses, a fix for the
staticpage: autotag throwing an SQL error, updated kses filter, and a few more.
See the list of changes[*3] for more information.
As usual, we provide an upgrade from 1.3.11sr1[*4] and a complete 1.3.11sr2 tarball[*5] .