The Forum plugin was missing a maintainer for quite some time and so in March this year several Geeklog community members have joined their effort to continue the development of this very popular plugin. Version 2.8.0 is based on the effort made by the Geeklog-Japanese community, who have been actively developing it for some time.
Some of the highlights of features that this version will bring to you include:
- Correct HTML (passes W3C Markup Validation)
- Support for XHTML
- Support of new core search engine
- Support for XMLSitemap plugin
- Support for Geeklog auto install feature
- Support for Geeklog site migration feature
- Updated smileys and rank icons
- Geshi syntax highlighter updated to version 188.8.131.52
- Integration with Geeklog configuration UI
- No more hard-coded text in images
- MySQL version requirement is now up to 4.1+
- New translations: Danish, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish
Bugs and feature requests can be filed at http://code.google.com/p/geeklog/issues/list.
The new official mailing list is at http://groups.google.com/group/geeklog-forum.
And we also have an Ohloh project page at http://www.ohloh.net/p/geeklog-forum-plugin/.
We would like to thank everyone in advance with any help with testing this development release!
Geeklog Community Members.