The Geeklog community members are pleased to announce the release of the first BETA version of the Forum plugin v2.8.0, which is now available for download
The Forum plugin was missing a maintainer for quite some time and so in March this year several Geeklog community members have joined their effort to continue the development of this very popular plugin. Version 2.8.0 is based on the effort made by the Geeklog-Japanese community, who have been actively developing it for some time.
Some of the highlights of features that this version will bring to you include:
- Correct HTML (passes W3C Markup Validation)
- Support for XHTML
- Support of new core search engine
- Support for XMLSitemap plugin
- Support for Geeklog auto install feature
- Support for Geeklog site migration feature
- Updated smileys and rank icons
- Geshi syntax highlighter updated to version 220.127.116.11
- Integration with Geeklog configuration UI
- No more hard-coded text in images
- MySQL version requirement is now up to 4.1+
- New translations: Danish, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish
Please note that the new official home for the Geeklog Forum is now at http://code.google.com/p/geeklog/
Bugs and feature requests can be filed at http://code.google.com/p/geeklog/issues/list
The new official mailing list is at http://groups.google.com/group/geeklog-forum
And we also have an Ohloh project page at http://www.ohloh.net/p/geeklog-forum-plugin/
We would like to thank everyone in advance with any help with testing this development release!
Geeklog Community Members.