The latest update - the 3rd release candidate of the forum project version 2.6 has just been released.
Mark and I are hopeful this is the final release before a final 2.6 version. We had hoped RC2 was that release but a number of issues were reported and we found and fixed a number of other items as well as doing some code cleanup. I've included a summary of the changes but you can refer to the plugin which includes a txt file outlining all the changed files.
There are no database changes so all that should be required is to replace the changed files or complete directories.
Download Link Please post feedback and issues in the forums on My Site[*1] or in the Plugins Support forum on this site[*2]
Summary of changes
- Performance Improvements to the main forum index page
- Added option in plugins config.php to show/hide moderators on the main forum index.php
- Code cleanup to remove un-used variables and older code that was not being used
- Better support for Fullname or username - GL main site config.php $_CONF['show_fullname'] setting
- User online status will not be shown as online if user setting for privacy set
- Use htmlspecialchars() instead of htmlentities() in createtopic.php - better support for non-english language
- SQL changes in a number of other user and admin scripts to reduce SQL overhead - better use of the last_post_rec field
- Fixed an issue with deleting of a post - and not updating the last reply by and date info
- Fixed issues with certain characters like  being converted to their HTML entities equivelent
- BBCode tags should not be interpretted if in a CODE block
- Preview now better handles the formatting to show all final formatting and filtering so it should be as saved
- Corrected the bug in RC2 where two items in the forum user menu were reversed
- Added a new link in the user menu to 'Mark all Read' - marks all topics in all categories as read
- Added TITLE help for the Forum User menu when user hovers over the menu links
- Fixed missing site footer in the memberlist report
- Added missing language define on the forum members report page
- Fixed bug where if SPAMX plugin detected spam - it would cause a header already posted error
- Fixed an issue with a [forum:123] autotag if you did not enter a title for the link
- Couple of template tweaks