A beta release of the Media Gallery for Geeklog
is now available for public consumption. It is available for download in the Geeklog Download Section
[*1] or at www.ecsnet.org
[*2] You can also see it in action at www.ecsnet.org
Media Gallery is a native plugin for Geeklog that provides a full featured media gallery, including photos and movies. If you have any issues with this plugin, please post your comments, feedback, bug reports, etc. in the Plugin Support Forum[*3] .
Media Gallery attempts to take advantage of many of the features made available through Geeklog. The feature list includes:
- Multiple Media Types Supported (JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, ASF, WMV)
- Multiple graphics package support (ImageMagick, NetPBM, GD)
- Center Block (featured album)
- Autotags for including links / images in stories
- Comments per media item
- Upload queuing
- Random Image block
- Online Photo Printing Services
- Geeklog Security Model
- Multiple methods to add media
- Direct Upload through Admin Interface
- Batch FTP Uploading
- Windows XP Publish to Web (experimental)
- Flexible Geeklog template support
- Unlimited Album->Sub Album support
- Full integration with Geeklog search and stats
The goal is to provide a full featured method to allow webmasters to display their photo's and other media items.
If Media Gallery does not suit your needs, I recommend you look at the Inmemoriam Media Gallery also available for download in the Geeklog Download Section[*4] .
Each plugin has it's own set of unique features and functions. Now there are simply more options for an true native plugin.