I have just released a new version of GUS, which brings with it some significant improvements.
For those of you unfamilar with GUS, it collects statistics on who visits your site, which browser and operating system they are using, which pages they view, and which links they are clicking to get there.
This information is useful for monitoring your site for abuse [which you can take care directly if you have the ban plugin[*1] installed] and to see how frequently different parts of your site are being used.
Here are the [slightly] shortened release notes for version 1.4:
v1.4.0 [14 Sep 2005]
- [new] added filtering of user agent strings [including wildcards]
- [new] added filtering of host names [including wildcards]
- [new] IP address, user, and page filtering now allow wildcards
- [new] changed host name lookup to be more flexible
- [new] added new config option $_GUS_CONF['SQL_use_TEMPORARY'] for determining whether to use TEMPORARY tables
- [new] added new config options $_GUS_CONF['show_left_blocks'] and $_GUS_CONF['show_right_blocks'] to control the visibility of left and right blocks when viewing GUS pages
- [new] more info in tables showing 'Page/Title/URL'
- searches using the amz plugin will now show the keyword used in the search
- gallery 1.x[*3] album titles and photo names will now be shown
- user name for profile links will now be shown
- [new] removed extra path from page names
- [fix] when importing from the stats plugin, the data would not be updated to the current GUS format correctly
It is available through my geeklog software page[*2] and will be available here on geeklog.net soon.
I hope you find it useful!
- Andy Maloney