Contributed by: jlhughes Saturday, October 19 2002 @ 11:45 pm EDT
I have changed the way the cached information is handled (added slashes to data) and I have not had a recurrence of the sql errors that I believe may have damaged my site's database.
Before I made this change I was getting sql errors when the data was stored in the cache. This did not happen every time. Just sometimes. But it seemed to happen more often with certain zip codes. (Perhaps caused by regional differences in the original html.)
I've also made some other changes that should make the HTML translation of the original NOAA material more tolerant of regional differences.
Because of the possible database corruption it is important to remove the old version of the index.php and replace it with the new one.
The original story about the weather forecast add-on is here.
The local weather forecast add-on files are available here.