DBEdit is a small powerfull editor for the the Geeklog Database. It has been tested on Geeklog 1.35 and 1.36 and should work on other versions also.
CAUTION: this editor performs no checks or transforms on your data. It will allow you to edit/change anything except primary keys.
You can use it to bypass all of Geeklogs built in safeguards for those times when that is desirable. In other words -- you can enter any thing you want into a story/block/link etc.
You can do the same thing with phpMyAdmin or various other tools, but this has some advantages.
- It is only one file and can be moved completely out of the html tree when you do not want to use it.
- It requires no configuration if is is placed in the admin directory in a standard install.
- It uses Geeklog authentication (only root users can access it).
- It gives access only to the Geeklog Database.
- All access and actions are logged to the Geeklog error log.
Access it with http://path.to.geeklog/admin/dbedit.php or where-ever you placed the file.
Only root users can access dbedit.php.
Only tables with a primary key can be edited -- those few without a primary key can be viewed only.