Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Modify to my current theme

Fossy

Anonymous
Hello friends:

I need replace the left side block menu of my current theme by one dinamic java menu.

Any others modifies I need to make to my current theme, but I need to know if for modify the theme, I need only make changes to .html files of my current theme (of course, in the java menu I will add the direct links when the users clicking).

Thanks!!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: Fossy

but I need to know if for modify the theme, I need only make changes to .html files of my current theme

Yes, of course.

And you probably mean "JavaScript", not "Java". Keep in mind that your visitors may have switched it off. Specifically, search engine bots can't interpret JavaScript, so make sure you have an alternative navigation.

bye, Dirk

Fossy

Anonymous
Thanks for your reply Dirk!!.

I'm creating a block with javascript code...

In the header.thtml file, I have add this:

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript1.2" src="stlib.js"></script>

Of course, the .js files are in the same directory.

Then, in create a new block with this content:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript1.2">
<!--
- Here the content of javascript -
//-->
</script>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The content is big (for that reason I have not posted here) but work fine (I have test it in separate html file), and this code is generated by Tree Menu (application for generate javascript menu).

The block shows with her header, but the javascript menu not show, why?.

In the source code html in the navigator when the geeklog is loaded, the line of <head> and the javascript code for the menu appear correctly. I not understand why not show the menu.

Thanks!!

Fossy

Anonymous
Solved!!

Is need to put the full path url to .js files. The relative directory of GeekLog is other than layout.

Thanks!!!!!

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content