Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 11:46 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

installation error

rob62

Anonymous
Please help - Newbie

Geeklog first page shows this at bottom:

Hint: The complete path to this file is /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/public_html/admin/install/install.php
and it appears your Path to Geeklog is /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog

above, install.php is not a directory.

Confused: Confused:

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
So what did you enter as your "Path to Geeklog"? Sounds like you used the one for the install script - which would be wrong.

bye, Dirk

rob62

Anonymous
Quote by: Dirk

So what did you enter as your "Path to Geeklog"? Sounds like you used the one for the install script - which would be wrong.

bye, Dirk

my.domain/geeklog

jmucchiello

Forum User
Your path to geeklog should be what the installer said:

/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog

rob62

Anonymous
Quote by: jmucchiello

Your path to geeklog should be what the installer said:

/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog

I don't know where that path exists. It's not on my computer or in the config.php. I wonder if that is the path on the server?????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

jmucchiello

Forum User
Well, yes, the path to geeklog is the filesystem path on the server hosting your geeklog installation. So in config.php and lib-common.php where it says /path/to/geeklog/ you replace it with the filesystem path to your config.php.

rob62

Anonymous
Quote by: jmucchiello

Well, yes, the path to geeklog is the filesystem path on the server hosting your geeklog installation. So in config.php and lib-common.php where it says /path/to/geeklog/ you replace it with the filesystem path to your config.php.

I started over with a new copy of config.php

In the config.php, I changed:

$_CONF['path'] = '/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/';

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/public_html/'; $_CONF['site_admin_url'] = _CONF['/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/public_html/admin'; $_CONF['path_images'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . '/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/images/';

$_CONF['path_pear'] = $_CONF['path_system'] . '/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/
geeklog/system/pear/';

I changed /lib-common.php to:

require_once( '/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/config.php' );

P 1 message:

Path to Geeklog's config.php: /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog

Hint: The complete path to this file is:/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/public_html/admin/install/install.php

P 2:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting ']' in /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/config.php on line 74

Same messages as first time around!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

FYI - do not attempt to solve this one. I will deal with geeklog first.

Not to confuse the subject but I tried to install BOLY BLOG

Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/boly/index.php on line 81

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/boly/index.php on line 81
Could not CREATE table
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)

Warning: Missing argument 2 for ae4() in /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/boly/index.php on line 2
AC2 creating table bloly_User
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)
Could not install
I'm using 4.1 and the error message says 5.0
I read someplace that different servers put "mysql.sock" in a different path.

Could this be a problem for geeklog?????

I sure appreciate your help.

How do these publishers say their program is so easy to install !!!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: rob62

... far too much.

You only need to change $_CONF['path'], $_CONF['site_url'] and possibly $_CONF['path_html']. Leave all the other path and URL settings alone, they will all fall into place automatically.

For your MySQL problems, see Can't connect to local MySQL server

bye, Dirk

rob62

Anonymous
determined

... far too much.

You only need to change $_CONF['path'], $_CONF['site_url'] and possibly $_CONF['path_html']. Leave all the other path and URL settings alone, they will all fall into place automatically.

bye, Dirk

Thanks for helping.

Should I include the domain in the path?? ie: website.com or http://website.com Smile

rob62

Anonymous

... far too much.

bye, Dirk

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I'm tired!

Thanks to all who help.

I started over today and reread the instructions and followed Dirk's advice.

I found out today that my $_DB_HOST is not local host or mydomain.com, but
$_DB_ho $_DB_HOST = 'p41mysql19.secureserver.net'; // host name or IP address of your DB server

I set all permissions to 775 in dir logs/ and files and public_html/backend dir and all files.

I run:
http://melendy-mi.us/geeklog/admin/install/check.php that can test the permissions for you.
and received:

Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later.

I edited lib-common.php (as per instructions) and changed the require_once path to:
require_once( '/geeklog/config.php' );

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/public_html/';

$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://melendy-mi.us';

(http:// ? in the line above and line below this note - I don't know.)

I run:
http://melendy-mi.us/geeklog/public_html/admin/install/install.php

P 1:

Hint: The complete path to this file is /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/public_html/admin/install/install.php
P 2

Warning: main(/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 117

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php'Wink in /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 117

Lines:
114 // you shouldn't need to edit theses
115 $_CONF['path_system'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'system/';
116 $_CONF['path_log'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'logs/';
117 $_CONF['path_language'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'language/';
118 $_CONF['backup_path'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'backups/';
119 $_CONF['path_data'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'data/';

Same as above except added different $_CONF['path_html']
I run:
http://melendy-mi.us/geeklog/admin/install/check.php that can test the permissions for you.

and received:

Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later.

I edited lib-common.php and change the require_once path to:

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/geeklog/public_html/';

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/geeklog/public_html/';

I run:
http://melendy-mi.us/geeklog/public_html/admin/install/install.php

P1:

P 2

Warning: main(/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 117

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php'Wink in /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 117

Lines:
114 // you shouldn't need to edit theses
115 $_CONF['path_system'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'system/';
116 $_CONF['path_log'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'logs/';
117 $_CONF['path_language'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'language/';
118 $_CONF['backup_path'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'backups/';
119 $_CONF['path_data'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'data/';

:banghead: :banghead:

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The check.php script will only work when the install script went through successfully. All the install script does, btw, is create the necessary tables in the database.

I edited lib-common.php (as per instructions) and changed the require_once path to:

This doesn't look right. From the other paths you posted, this should probably read

Text Formatted Code
require_once( '/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/config.php' );

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/public_html/';

Since you seem to have kept the public_html directory, you don't even need to change $_CONF['path_html']. Or if you do, then remove the $_CONF['path'] bit (as explained in the comments in config.php there):

Text Formatted Code
$_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/public_html/';

In that case, you will also need to add 'public_html' to your URL:
Text Formatted Code
$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://melendy-mi.us/public_html';

If you don't want that, you'll have to separate public_html from the rest, as explained in the installation instructions: http://www.geeklog.net/docs/install.html#public_html.

If all this doesn't help, try Alternative installation instructions

bye, Dirk

rob62

Anonymous
angry
Thanks for responding ,Dirk

I had a long talk with GoDaddy tonight. This my understanding which migh not be right.. Because I am on shared hosting, I do not use mydomain.com or localhost.

I am to use p3slh047.shr.phx3.secureserver.net as my $_DB_host and /home/content/l/i/b/libby86/html/geeklog/ as my path.

I'm now wondering if $_CONF['site_url'] is melendy-mi.us or p3slh047.shr.phx3.secureserver.net ???

I 'm going to try and hack it and if it don't work I'm going to put up a new post referring to geeklog install at GoDaddy for help.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

jmucchiello

Forum User
I'm now wondering if $_CONF['site_url'] is melendy-mi.us or p3slh047.shr.phx3.secureserver.net ???
No, that should be your database server. The site url is how to access your webpage from the web. I suspect your site_url should be "http://www.melendy-mi.us/geeklog/public_html"

rob62

Anonymous
excited
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I sure appreciate all the help I'm receiving.

After searching the web I found out GoDaddy lets me install it from their sight. Alah!

ver 4.1 what?????

The only problem now is I can't log in as administrator.
The option does not exist.
Screen shows 1 guest.
My PHP.ini is changed.

I have searched the web and docs for admin login and found obsolete info, some by Dirk.

I hope this is the last issue.
Does anyone have any awnsers???

http://melendy-mi.us/geeklog/public_html/

After it works, I will work on moving public_html dir. I see the reasoning.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The default login credentials are "Admin" / "password", but I think I've read somewhere that they are changed (by GoDaddy or by Fantastico, if that's what they're using).

Actually, since the default article is by "craig" that's the login you should be using (it says "Admin" there in an unchanged Geeklog install). I assume you have some login with that username with them - try the same password for your site.

Sorry to be so vague, but they obviously made changes to Geeklog that we know nothing about ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:46 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content