Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 07:34 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

phpBBBridge 1.0rc1

Turias

Forum User
phpBBBridge 1.0rc1 has been released!

There have been a large number of bug fixes, new features, and overall improvements since the last released version of the bridge. For a full listing of what's changed, please read the release announcement at my site.

If you get a chance, I would really appreciate any feedback on this release candidate. Let me know how it works for you so that I can iron out any last kinks before I release 1.0 final.

You can download the new version here.

destr0yr

Forum User
Hmmm... I get an error on the import (happened with previous version as well).:

Text Formatted Code

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's you must login as a user. Registration is free and only take

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES ( 4, '9ff56e0674', 'General Chat Room', 'General Chat room, talk about anything. Oh, to avoid any confusion, please be aware that to actually SEE the Okanagangirlz.com Gallery''s you must login as a user. Registration is free and only takes 32.3 seconds to do. have fun :mrgreen:')

Line : 510
File : install.php

Not sure why it's putting the double ''s in there...

edit: i went into mysql and checked out the DB entry. It is "GallerySLASH's". same happens w/magicquotes on and off. Sys is apache2, php 4.3.10, mysql 4.0.24.
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Turias

Forum User
Weird. So it's "GalleryBACKSLASH's" in the DB? So technically, it's already escaped...

You see two single quotes in the query because that is one way to escape the single quote. MySQL sees two of them next to each other and assumes that instead of ending one string and starting another, you just want it to put a single quote inside the string. But, since the backslash is there, the first quote becomes escaped, allowing the second quote to break the query.

This issue hasn't come up before because I don't think most people have instances of BACKSLASH' inside their actual databases.

Thanks for the report. I'll look into fixing it and release RC2 when I get a chance.

Turias

Forum User
Ok, I've written a fix which should work. destr0yr, could you try importing again with the updated /path/to/geeklog/public_html/admin/plugins/phpbbbridge/install.php located at: http://demo.dogcows.net/install_php_upgrade.zip? You shouldn't need to reinstall the plugin or delete any tables or anything. Just go straight to the phpBBBridge install page and click on "import" again.

Thanks.

If anyone else wants to test importing forums and posts from the Geeklog Forum plugin, please test it out with the new install.php file. Otherwise, just use RC1.

andyofne

Forum User
Chatty
Installed it this morning on one of my sites and it is working well. Thanks for the good work.

destr0yr

Forum User
Quote by Turias: Weird. So it's "GalleryBACKSLASH's" in the DB? So technically, it's already escaped...

yep.

This issue hasn't come up before because I don't think most people have instances of BACKSLASH' inside their actual databases.

I have this odd ability that allows me to experience the full brunt of technicial oddities.

I moved install.php over the old one and re-imported. It corrected the issue w/the double-slash, however, a new error has popped up:
Text Formatted Code
DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 8, 34, 1065466318, '', '', 1, 0, 1, 1, 0)' at line 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (post_id, topic_id, forum_id, poster_id, post_time, poster_ip, post_username, enable_bbcode, enable_html, enable_smilies, enable_sig, post_edit_count) VALUES ( 1644, , 8, 34, 1065466318, '', '', 1, 0, 1, 1, 0)

Line : 463

-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Turias

Forum User
Quote by destr0yr:
I have this odd ability that allows me to experience the full brunt of technicial oddities.

I moved install.php over the old one and re-imported. It corrected the issue w/the double-slash, however, a new error has popped up:
Text Formatted Code
DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 8, 34, 1065466318, '', '', 1, 0, 1, 1, 0)' at line 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (post_id, topic_id, forum_id, poster_id, post_time, poster_ip, post_username, enable_bbcode, enable_html, enable_smilies, enable_sig, post_edit_count) VALUES ( 1644, , 8, 34, 1065466318, '', '', 1, 0, 1, 1, 0)

Line : 463

Now that is strange. Could you look at post 1644 in the Forum plugin and tell me about it? Is it even part of a thread? Is it the original post in the thread? If not, what is the ID of the original post?

What is happening to you just shouldn't be possible unless the original post in the thread was written _after_ this one.

destr0yr

Forum User
Quote by Turias:
Now that is strange. Could you look at post 1644 in the Forum plugin and tell me about it? Is it even part of a thread? Is it the original post in the thread? If not, what is the ID of the original post?

What is happening to you just shouldn't be possible unless the original post in the thread was written _after_ this one.

You can see it here. I checked the DB and info is there (for gl_forum_topic); I can not remember if this post was moved/deleted. A search on the site returns this. hmm... the topic does show up in the forum moderator list, however, returns the error "Topic does not exist. It possibly has been deleted" when clicked.

... i checked the permissions for the forums and they are either "all users" or "logged in". im confused.

edit:
Ran "delete from gl_forum_topic where id = 'xxxx'" to delete 1644 and a few other erroneous topic id's that popped up (5 in total I believe), changed my "max_execution_time" in php to 100 seconds from 30 and it imported successfully! (a new issue arose, i'll bring this up later) i did the tests on a devel site, the live site at okanagangirlz.com still has the invalid topic id's. Not sure if you're interested in seeing the old table data, i do have it if you want to take a look. In any case, thank you for your help - this kicks ass!
-- destr0yr

Turias

Forum User
Quote by destr0yr:
You can see it here. I checked the DB and info is there (for gl_forum_topic); I can not remember if this post was moved/deleted. A search on the site returns this. hmm... the topic does show up in the forum moderator list, however, returns the error "Topic does not exist. It possibly has been deleted" when clicked.

That's what I thought. I'll add some code to just skip over these topics, since it seems they aren't well-formed, anyway.

Thanks for going through that with me! Let me know of any other problems you come across. Very Happy

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:34 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content