Copyright Breach

Someone

Anonymous
blah
Hi,

Not sure if I am right or not, but:
http://www.hosting-status.pipex.net/admin/moderation.php
is in breach of your copyrights.
I do believe they use Geeklog as a base.
They claim to have done it themselves:

Copyright © 2004 PIPEX System Status
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.

Remdotc

Forum User
Chatty
I dont want to speak for the authors of geeklog, as Tony, Dirk and the others all have made IMHO one of the most stable, customizible and secure CMS engines available.

Far as geeklog 1.X (I have used it since the 1.2.x series) its GPL code. that meens anyone can modifty, change, hack, play with, rewrite, look at, and do anything they want with the code on one very small condition. If they go to distrubute the code, then they must provide the origional sources (per the GPL)

Now the actually footer on XSilver (which looks like the template they used) puts in Sitename copyright text string.

Just my thoughts.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Someone: Not sure if I am right or not, but:
http://www.hosting-status.pipex.net/admin/moderation.php
is in breach of your copyrights.

I don't see anything wrong with that site.

As Remdotc already pointed out, the copyright notice is part of the theme and refers to the content of the site, not the software that's driving it. And as has been mentioned before (do a search ...) while we think it's nice to link back to Geeklog, we don't require it. We understand that the name "Geeklog" may be deemed inappropriate in some contexts. As long as you don't claim you wrote the thing, we don't care.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content