Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 08:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

A Handful Of Sparks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Not sure how much sense it makes to promote the site here when it's in German, but here goes ...

A Handful Of Sparks is a little fan site about folk musician Vanessa Peters that I made after having the pleasure to meet her a few weeks ago.

Since I'm not an artist, I had to, erm, "borrow" the color scheme from Vanessa's homepage. Thanks to Vanessa and her webmaster for letting me run with it ...

A few words about the site itself: It's running on the current CVS version which isn't something I normally do, but I needed a few of the new features for some of the details I wanted on that site. Other than that, it's a rather stripped-down site - you'll notice the absence of several of the typical Geeklog features (like, for example, the Topics block).

The color change is done with the technique described here.

Vanessa is about to embark on a US tour, btw, so if you're into folkish music of the "a girl and her guitar" variety, be sure to visit one of her concerts (tour dates are on both her site and mine).

Say "Hi" to Vanessa when you meet her on one of her concerts and tell her I sent you

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content