Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:14 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Need to require Full name on signup

drag0ner

Anonymous
Is there any way that i can require a user to enter their full name when they first sign up? so instead of just asking them for just their username and password i would also ask them for their full name?
any help is much appreciated
thanks

tomw

Forum User
You will need to modify users.php and the templates in each theme you use, but it is relatively easy. If you want to require their full name, you have two options depending on how you handle registrations.

1) If you do not approve all registrations you will have to add logic to the page to verify that the full name was entered. (Hardest and most prone to error).

2) If you approve each registration you need to modify moderation.php and its template to see the fullname (easy once again).

I implemented method 2 on a site running 1.3.8-1 if you are interested and could send the changed files. Drop me an email if you want this.

TomW

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Actually, the custom registration that's supported by Geeklog 1.3.8 would be a better option. I have to admit, though, that the included example (in lib-custom.php) is a bit too complex.

As this request is quite common, would someone be willing to create a simpler example? The functionality is there ...

bye, Dirk

remy

Forum User
blah
Acknowledge!!

A custom_memberinfo is on it's way.
It contains better code for the custum functions, is integrated with a newer version of batch upload and connects automaticly to the contact plugin using an additional member_id (could be customer_no for invoicing).
I am developing this for an initial member system.

See the download section soon ! eeeh...there is still a question pending on the needed language file....Dirk ?

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by tomw: You will need to modify users.php and the templates in each theme you use, but it is relatively easy. If you want to require their full name, you have two options depending on how you handle registrations.

1) If you do not approve all registrations you will have to add logic to the page to verify that the full name was entered. (Hardest and most prone to error).

2) If you approve each registration you need to modify moderation.php and its template to see the fullname (easy once again).

I implemented method 2 on a site running 1.3.8-1 if you are interested and could send the changed files. Drop me an email if you want this.

TomW

Tom if you dun mind .. can u send it to me ??? Method 2 ...
Die young, stay Pretty

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content