Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 03:33 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't add or delete stories

ralle

Anonymous
Hi there, playing around with Geeklog again on a new server I run into a strange problem: Installation went fine without errors, and I can do everything in the geeklog: add users, add polls, add links, just one thing doesn't work: I can't add a story. Everytime I log in and create a story, clicking on Submit or Preview brings me back to the article listing without a new article. The "default" article can't be deleted, if I try this I find myself back again in the list. I took a look at the database, gl_stories contains only the "default welcome article". I tried different users, with the same result. I added an "error_reporting(15)" to admin/story.php, but except a bunch of warnings for undefined variables I couldn't find an error that would explain the thing. Well, now I have no idea where else to look, so any hint is appreciated :-) TIA & Regards Ralf

Anonymous

Anonymous
Did you do a search and find:

http://www.geeklog.net/article.php?story=20020914134751222?

If not you might want to look at this article and comments and other related articles here.

G-Wiz

ralle

Anonymous
This server was too slow to perform longer searches for a keyword like "story", thanks for the hint! "File Upload" was the problem. Very strange concept that I have to enable file uploads just to be able to post an article, I think this concept has to be changed in future versions to make geeklog useable on multi-user environments of ordinary web hosters. All the nice gadgets Geeklog has have no value if the basic functionality is seriously limited by obscure server configuration requirements. Anyway, thanks! :-) Ralf

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It has to do with the image upload (the Admin can embed images in stories). If you don't need that feature and remove the enctype="multipart/form-data" from the Admin's story editor template, you can switch off file uploads. Adding and deleting stories should still work then. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
I just ran into same thing. Fresh RH 7.3 install (had problems with GL and RH 8.0) Installation went smooth but could not add/edit/delete stories - everything else I could alter. Finally ended up booting my box (I'm used to Windows) after it rebooted - everything worked fine? jim

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:33 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content