Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 11:11 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Up and running, but with one small problem...

Frankie

Anonymous
I waded through 7 or 8 pages in the help section and didn't find an answer, so here it is... Install went smooth, success page popped up nice and easy. I followed suggestions and moved the install stuff out, as well as changed all the passwords. I logged in as Admin, got a nice pretty admin panel, and proceeded to the stories section to delete the nice "change these passwords" story. Delete does nothing. Still shows the story in the list. I edit the text and Save. Save does nothing, same text shows up. I see in the tables nothing has changed. I tested some other functionality and I find that I can add, edit, and delete blocks no problem. I can add, change, and delte users no problem. I deleted the test submissions no problem. I'll test the rest, but it seems to me I'm just stuck on the Story stuff. Any help would be very kindly appreciated. Thanks, Frankie East

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

You have that same problem which has been discussed here a couple of times already (see this thread for an example).

Until someone finds the actual cause of that problem (which, AFAICS, is in the server setup and not Geeklog's fault), the advice I gave there is still the only reliable workaround: Take out the enctype="multipart/form-data" from layout/YourTheme/admin/story/storeditor.thtml - but you will lose the ability to upload images in stories with that change.

bye, Dirk

Fubroxen

Forum User
curious
Ok so I did like this said and now I can create and edit my stories, but I would like to know is the a way to put pictures in the stories with the upload image option not working.

Thanks guys

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Fubroxen: I would like to know is the a way to put pictures in the stories with the upload image option not working.

You could allow use of the img tag (for Admins only, preferrably). See the FAQ.

bye, Dirk

DeCEiVeR

Anonymous
Quote by Dirk:
Quote by Fubroxen: I would like to know is the a way to put pictures in the stories with the upload image option not working.

You could allow use of the img tag (for Admins only, preferrably). See the FAQ.

bye, Dirk

I'm running 1.3.10rc3 and I can post/delete stories, but when I edit, it doesn't save them.. Any fix yet???

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by DeCEiVeR: I'm running 1.3.10rc3 and I can post/delete stories, but when I edit, it doesn't save them.. Any fix yet???

What happens instead? Which theme are you using?

If you can create new stories, I can't see what would prevent you from editing them.

bye, Dirk

DeCEiVeR

Anonymous
Quote by Dirk:
Quote by DeCEiVeR: I'm running 1.3.10rc3 and I can post/delete stories, but when I edit, it doesn't save them.. Any fix yet???

What happens instead? Which theme are you using?

If you can create new stories, I can't see what would prevent you from editing them.

bye, Dirk

It was my fault, i have crap all screwed up.. after the upgrade my storyedit.php was the old 1.3.9 version. and not the 1.3.10

I need to wipe it and redo 1.3.10

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:11 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content