Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 05:05 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Is there a way to remove ands add menu items from the top menu bar?

Spyda

Anonymous
Hi there, Is there a way to remove or add menu items from the top bar? I would like to remove the option to personalise the site and add a couple of items like 'about us' etc. Secondly what template page deals with the 'featrured article' section of the body Many thanks and what a great portal Smile

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you don't want the full range of menu items, you have to take out the menu_elements variable from header.thtml and hard-code the remaining items yourself. Details might vary a bit, depending on the them you are using ... You can change the layout of the featured story in the featuredstorybodytext.thtml and featuredstorytext.thtml template files (quite obvious, isn't it?). bye, Dirk

Spyda

Anonymous
I must stop going straight to my computer from my bedSmile All bleary eyed. Thanks anyway Dirk

os

Forum User
Junior
Hi .. In header.thtml, you can use to add the normal top-menu links like contribute. To add the static-pages links, use (i think). Then you can hardcode other links before/after. To remove some of the links that shows up when u use , u can remove them from lib-common.php. (this is not smart, but, hey nowbody is perfect Wink The lines you want to look at is the ones starting at 379 (u can do a search for // cont). .øs

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:05 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content