Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 10:27 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Splash Page for Site

Anonymous

Anonymous
Does anyone know of a good way to implement a splash page? I've gotten several requests from our site users for one.

I know that I could move the whole directory structure down a level (/gl vice /) and use the root index file for the splash page, but was looking for another option. I wanted to take advantage of the Static Pages plug-in. The site is www.ncwc.org.

Thanks,
Brian Milby
brian@milby7.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You could do that with some .htaccess magic (if your site is running on an Apache server). When your webserver is configured to search for index.html before index.php, you could simply add Redirect index.html http://yoursite/staticpages/index.php?page=20020619093951560 to a .htaccess file to be placed in the root directory of your Geeklog site. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
it seems do not work...

Anonymous

Anonymous
This obviously also won't work with Windows. But usually Webservers check for the index.html first, so I suggest you jus prepare a index.html file (or try index.htm) and drop it into your Web root directory. Worth a try.

os

Forum User
Junior
Read the middle of this page if you have problemes with redirection with htaccess

.øs

jlhughes

Forum User
One way to do this is to create a page that displays whenever the geeklog root index.php file is invoked without any arguments as when a visitor first arrives at the site. On one of my sites I have done this with a static page. In the index.php file add these lines after the comments at the top of the page: if ($QUERY_STRING == '') { header ("Location:http://www.yourwebsite.com/staticpages/index.php/numberofarticle"Wink; exit; } Replace www.yourwebsite.com/staticpages/index.php/numberofarticle with the actual URL for your article. Every time index.php is invoked without arguments, the visitor is redirected to the static page. When index.php is invoked with arguments, the query string is processed by index.php This of course could be done with any page and doesn't have to be done with a static page. John Hughes

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:27 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content