Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:00 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Recurring Events Hack

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
It's really ugly, but I've got a recurring events hack working for Geeklog. I know it's very basic and not at all pretty, but hopefully it will hold people over until the Calendar is completely redesigned (probably in GL2). Details, installation instructions, and souce can be found on my web page.

-Vinny

samstone

Forum User
Thanks for the effort. I will download and try because it is something I desperately need. My question is, what do you mean by ugly? Sam

samstone

Forum User
Vinny, Thanks for your effort. It is a great step up for the calendar, even though it is not quite useful for me because most of my recurring events are certain day-of-the-week of the month recurring, like every first Wednesday of the month. One dangerous thing is, you can not delete the recurring events as a whole. That means you have to delete one recurring event by one. I almost entered a '100' times recurring event as a test. If I did, I would have to delete 100 times. Lucky that I tried 9 times recurrent. So I ended up deleting nine times. Best wishes! Sam

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:00 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content