A beta release of the Media Gallery for Geeklog
is now available for public consumption. It is available for download in the Geeklog Download Section
or at www.ecsnet.org
You can also see it in action at www.ecsnet.org
Media Gallery is a native plugin for Geeklog that provides a full featured media gallery, including photos and movies. If you have any issues with this plugin, please post your comments, feedback, bug reports, etc. in the Plugin Support Forum.
Media Gallery attempts to take advantage of many of the features made available through Geeklog. The feature list includes:
- Multiple Media Types Supported (JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, ASF, WMV)
- Multiple graphics package support (ImageMagick, NetPBM, GD)
- Center Block (featured album)
- Autotags for including links / images in stories
- Comments per media item
- Upload queuing
- Random Image block
- Online Photo Printing Services
- Geeklog Security Model
- Multiple methods to add media
- Direct Upload through Admin Interface
- Batch FTP Uploading
- Windows XP Publish to Web (experimental)
- Flexible Geeklog template support
- Unlimited Album->Sub Album support
- Full integration with Geeklog search and stats
The goal is to provide a full featured method to allow webmasters to display their photo's and other media items.
If Media Gallery does not suit your needs, I recommend you look at the Inmemoriam Media Gallery also available for download in the Geeklog Download Section.
Each plugin has it's own set of unique features and functions. Now there are simply more options for an true native plugin.